The dacha is a life-saving place for all citizens, suffocating in the summer in stone bags of sultry megalopolises and dreaming of fresh air, peace and tranquility. Some people find their “vocation” by growing vegetables, berries and fruits on the backyard plot, but most prefer to relax while enjoying friendly gatherings, barbecues, family tea-drinking and other pleasures of free time. The beauty and convenience in the suburban atmosphere is added by country houses built with their own hands: gazebos, pergolas. On the step-by-step construction instructions of the last one and we’ll stop in this article.
What is pergola
Pergola - design, which is a few arches of rectangular or semicircular shape, interconnected crate. It is a decorative element of the landscape and is used by owners of country houses to create shady areas and transitions.
Such original canopies serve as an excellent basis for weaving plants that can in a short time turn a “bare” pavilion into a living green hedge.
In addition, pergolas can perform other functional tasks. For example:
- To serve as a disguise of old or unpresentable structures standing on the local area,
- Zone exterior space,
- Be a support for the vine and other perennial cultivated garden plants.
The difference between the pergola and the gazebo is that its roof is not built in one piece, but, on the contrary, it has a lattice structure, leaving uniform gaps to ensure good air exchange and natural sunlight.
Types of materials
The classic version is pergolas made of wood. They are durable, reliable in operation, quick in assembly and light in weight. Wood is a fertile building material, which allows you to carry out any design ideas at a fairly sparing financial costs.
Also at construction of canopies other materials can be applied:
- Metallic profile,
- Hewn stone
Pergolas look beautiful with the use of forging: openwork elements give the design lightness, grace and weightlessness. However, we must bear in mind that in this case the cost of construction costs will be weighty.
Conditionally pergolas can be divided into two main types:
- Adjacent to the main building or farm buildings. They are static buildings, where one of the sides is securely fastened to the wall,
- Stand alone. Dynamically "move" along the landscape paths, repeating the curves of their lines, or stand as independent independent structures.
Pergolas can also be an integral part of the entrance ensemble, being installed in front of the entrance door to the site or behind it. Inside the building are usually equipped with seating and various decor: garden furniture, benches, stands for flowers, statues, etc.
Preparation for construction
The following main points should be highlighted here:
- The choice of shape and size of the structure, the creation of a drawing. You can calculate the project by contacting a design studio, or use the “services” of the Internet and download the ready-made scheme from any profile site,
- Preparation of the working tool. Basic set: shovel or garden drill, level, jigsaw, tape measure, ladder, screwdriver, drill, nails and screws, capacity for mixing mortar,
- Purchase of materials. It is made by own forces or with attraction of third-party special equipment and loaders.
Stages of construction
The algorithm for constructing a classical free-standing rectangular / square pergola looks like this:
- To clear the chosen site from stones, litter and excess objects, to level the earth and to make a marking. Mark the corners of the future pergola with pegs, pulling a string around the perimeter,
- In places of marking, dig 4 holes under the supporting pillars 50-60 cm deep. To facilitate the work, you can use a garden drill. Treat balsa with antiseptic, wrap with roofing felt and install into prepared holes. Top with rubble, ramming layers, or pour concrete,
Important: It is necessary to strictly observe the proportions of the drawing in relation to the height of the pillars and the width of the step between them. Usually the distance between the posts along the pergola is 3-3.5 m.
- After the mortar has dried, top formwork is installed on the pillars.
First way: horizontal beams are placed on top of the supporting logs and fastened with long screws. For greater reliability, one screw is screwed clearly in the center, and two additional ones are inserted at an angle (respectively, on the left and on the right).
Second way: The beams are placed on support logs, fixed with metal L-shaped or T-shaped brackets and drilled with screws.
Third way: grooves are pre-cut in the supporting posts along the width of the horizontal beams, and then the latter are put into prepared notches and fixed with nails,
Important: to ensure greater strength of the supporting structure, additional reinforcement is made in the form of boards-slopes. Their ends are cut at an angle of 45 degrees, and then one edge is fastened with screws to the support pole, the other edge - to the horizontal beam.
- The final stage - roof crate. It can be done in several ways.
The first: The transverse bars are laid on top of the supporting beams and screwed in diagonally over the steps.
Second: laid bars are attached on both sides of the corners.
Third: The cross rails are attached to the butt-and-butt carrier beam with metal holders.
Fourth: in the cross beams, 2 slots are cut out, and then each beam is “worn” on the bearing pillars.
Optionally, an additional small lathing may be added, with the result that the roof acquires a pattern in the form of a cage.
Protection from rain and active sun
To protect against rain, the roof of the pergola can be covered with a sheet of polycarbonate. A very simple and quick method to create an absolute shadow is to make a textile cover on the crate of the canopy. It is cheaper to use awning fabrics as materials: PVC and canvas with polyurethane or teflon coating. They are resistant to UV light, temperature extremes, decay, easy to maintain, durable in operation. Tarpaulin, braided high-density polyethylene, shows itself well in practice, the price of which is cheaper than tarpaulin and awning analogues.
Hide from the curious eyes of neighbors is easy with the help of tracks-mats. Fixed on the roof, they can of necessity be lowered and raised back up according to the principle of Roman curtains. To facilitate the work, it is permissible to use a roller mechanism with the possibility of remote control.
Pergola is a universal option for arranging the exterior of a summer house and a private house, which does not require high material costs and physical effort for its construction.
How to make a pergola with your own hands?
So, consider how build a pergola with your own hands. The most popular pergolas are those made from several supports on which beams are fixed. Recently, the eastern variants are becoming more and more popular, where the main beams have special grooves for transverse beams.
The ends of the transverse beams here will be beveled upward, and this is the main difference between the eastern structures. It will be interesting to look at the wall construction, which performs the role of a peculiar canopy next to the house.
But we will try to build a pergola of metal. To do this, it is necessary to cut out roof beams, stiffeners, supports, crossbars from profiled pipes. Pipes must be painted to prevent corrosion. The best colors here are white, black, green. White will visually facilitate the construction.
After it dries, a pipe is placed in the pit. Then the pit is filled with concrete. It is required to carefully control the horizontal position of the supports with a plumb or level.
The next step will be bolting or bolting pipe coating, that is, beams and crossbars. Next, the ribs are welded to the edges of the coating.
Even a non-professional can easily build a metal pergola, which consists of several arches connected by bridges. Arches can be made from a rod and just stick it in the ground. This is very lightweight constructionthat does not require a serious foundation.
Photo options pergolas that you can build with your own hands.
Construction of a spherical pergola do-it-yourself: step-by-step video instruction.
And here is a story about how to make a discount with your own hands.
Dimensions and drawings
The sizes of a pergola will depend only on your imagination and requirements. The diameter of the pipes should vary between 4-10 cm. The most popular sizes for pergolas are 2.5 m in length and 1.4 in width. Everything else is up to you.
On the Internet you can find ready-made drawings that will facilitate the work and give you the initial plan of your pergolas. On the basis of the available material, you can experiment as much as you like and create your own dream pergola.
Types and materials
A variety of pergolas in landscape design is able to meet any requirements. Light designs in various styles fit well into regular parks and Japanese gardens.
Most often you can meet them from such of materials, as:
- Metal. The most common and familiar pergola is arc archescovered with grapes. Such shaded crossings and grounds can be found both in private areas and in public squares and parks. Props such metal structures, without decorative elements. They are almost invisible in dense foliage, and are suitable for almost any style in landscape design,
- Tree. Wooden pergolas with lattice walls became popular for small suburban areas. They are interesting in that the elements of the roof and supports can have different shape. These pergolas look great on sites in the Oriental style. Thanks to the decorative design, they can resemble airy graceful pagodas. No less interesting options and strict geometric shapeswhich will successfully fit into the classic regular style of any section,
- Plastic. To new solutions in landscape design include plastic supports. They easy to assemble, do not demand leaving and differ in record durability. That is why plastic pergolas are quickly gaining popularity among home gardeners. Their design is the most diverse, it can be imitation forging or molding and modern minimalism,
- Artistic forging. Metal lace always looks luxurious, elegant and expensive. Forged pergolas are no exception. Often they are combined with garden benches or swings. Less commonly used stone supports. Such "capital" pergolas can most often be seen in ancient parks and solid modern estates.
It is necessary to stay separately on form "Green arbors". First of all, it should be noted that pergola is not always a gazebo. It may be:
- a sequence of green archesforming a tunnel
- garden bench hidden green canopy or arch,
- constructions resembling openwork gazebos square, rectangular, round, six and octagonal shape.
Pergola do it yourself
Pergola does not apply to capital buildings and can be built on its own site without any permissions.
The only restriction that applies to them - the distance to the border area must be not less than a meter. It is usually located in such a way that the crossbars of the pergolas are laid along the east-west line.
In this case, tilted boards will play during the day. the role of blinds, shading the area at noon and letting in sunlight in the morning and evening.
As mentioned earlier shape and size of the structure can be any. It can be an arch covering two square meters with a bench or a large gazebo with a fireplace, a table and seating for 6-8 people.
Today can be found finished drawings popular and successful projects, but to independently calculate such a design will not be difficult. Usually racks of support are located in the corners of the building, additional racks should be installed if the length of one wall more than 3 meters.
The height is the same as for living rooms. from 2.2 to 3 meters. The shape of the roof can be any, but most often it is made flat or lean-to with a slight incline. Metal frames are usually crowned symmetrical arc arches. If desired, you can make a multi-tiered roof with curly overhangs in the style of oriental pagodas.
How to build a gazebo do it yourself
To make an arbor with your own hands is quite a doable task for people who have imagination and creativity. So, in order to build a gazebo, you need to perform certain actions. The first thing to do is to choose the material from which you will make the arbor. Pergolas can be from metal, wood, plastic, or from which something else, depending on your skills and capabilities. In this article we will look at the main types of gazebos and materials for their construction. Before starting construction, it is necessary to develop an appropriate scheme. This also applies to the construction of a gazebo with their own hands: the drawings and dimensions, schemes, sketches and projects of future buildings will give a clear idea of the type and shape of the structure, materials needed for construction, the location of all the structural elements. The complex of graphic documents will allow to calculate the cost of construction and avoid unreasonable financial expenses.
Metal gazebo with lifting walls, canopies
Types of pavilions for self-erection
The appearance on the construction market of various materials with unique properties made it possible to move away from the usual types of gazebos and give light structures various non-trivial forms. The functions of modern summer houses have changed in many ways and today they are not just pavilions where you can relax, but also full-fledged summer kitchens or cozy guest houses. Due to the ease of construction of the relevant building materials, many are able to assemble and install an arbor on their own. The complexity of such construction depends largely on the type of gazebo. The photo confirms the variety of forms and designations of lightweight structures.
Being inside the glass arbor you can admire the surrounding landscape
Given the various characteristics, can be divided into several groups:
- open - easy to build, used mainly for summer holidays,
- closed - solid structures with walls, doors and windows. Can be used both in summer and in winter,
- portable - seasonal collapsible structures that are easily dismantled and can be installed anywhere.
The list of materials used for the construction is quite diverse. It can be products made of wood, metal, glass, plastic, stone, brick, as well as their combinations.In addition, buildings from scrap materials are very popular, where any, sometimes the most unpredictable, raw material is used: glass and plastic bottles, wooden pallets, tree trunks, and much more, depending on the imagination of the craftsmen.
Closed view of the gazebo from wooden multi-colored boards
Forms and sizes are chosen taking into account the dimensions of the site: if the area is small, then the construction of weighty sizes will look inappropriate. As for the configuration of the buildings, these can be square, rectangular, round, hexagonal, octahedral structures, as well as the construction of any other complex models, including in the form of a hemisphere.
Helpful advice! If you are working on the construction of structures for the first time, use the recommendations, photos, drawings of arbors with their own hands, posted by users on the Internet. This will help avoid possible installation errors.
Round metal arbor in the garden
To cover the roof in gazebos use slate, corrugated board, cellular and solid polycarbonate, shingles and other materials. Given the plasticity of many coatings, roof structures can be made different: single-slope, multi-skid, spherical, dome, hipped, arched and multi-level. Buildings are quite common, where live climbing plants are the roof and walls. Recently, functional arbors, which serve as summer kitchens, with barbecues, barbecues or fireplaces, are gaining popularity. The presence of such equipment imposes certain requirements for the technology of their construction, observing that you can build gazebos with your own hands. Drawings and projects, sketches and ordering plans for stoving furnaces will facilitate the construction of the building as much as possible and help to accurately calculate the cost of construction.
Arbor from a tree with the equipped swing shop
Arbor do-it-yourself: drawings and sizes
How to build a gazebo with your own hands? Projects, photos, drawings of structures of different shapes and designs are innumerable on the Internet. But you can develop your own individual version. For those who are not sure that they will be able to correctly prepare all the diagrams or who have chosen a very complicated structure, it is recommended to use ready-made drawings. The drafting of the project includes several stages: the creation of a sketch of the future construction and the preparation of working drawings. Schemes and sketches will make it possible already at this stage to plan the location of the gazebo relative to the site, outline the placement of furniture and equipment, fix the places for supplying communications and decide on the consumption of building material.
Sketch an open gazebo near the reservoir
To make a working draft as correctly as possible will allow some recommendations:
- choose the type of construction: outdoor or indoor,
- carefully think over the design of the gazebo, which should correspond in style to the existing buildings and are determined with the materials of construction,
- choose a place for future construction on the site,
- dimensions in the drawing should correspond to the size of the allotted space. In the drawing indicate the height, length, width of the building, the location of the support stack, the entrance, as well as the shape and height of the fence,
- include in the project drawings with projections: front image, cuts, layouts and diagrams of the technical components of the structure. Displays all sizes and types of gazebos,
3D-project rectangular wooden arbor
- if a closed building is intended, a ventilation pattern is prescribed,
- separately develop a working plan of the foundation with an indication of its type (strip, columnar or slab base),
- describe the scheme of the structural units: indicate the size and installation of doors, windows, stairs,
- separately perform the roof scheme with the designation of its size, configuration, angle, height, coating material,
- indicate the technology of building walls, roofs, mangal (if expected).For gazebos with fireplaces, stoves, barbecues attached plan for the orderly laying of bricks with an indication of all sizes of equipment,
- perform wiring and water supply schemes,
Project arbor with stove-brazier
- develop a plan for the placement of lamps, furniture and equipment,
- make a specification for building materials, including fasteners, processing impregnations and hardware.
The more thoroughly the project is completed, the more accurate the calculations of the required amount of materials will be, it will be easier to produce construction and the higher the likelihood that the structure will be reliable and robust. Use in the preparation of the basic project photos, arbor drawings for giving with their own hands, which craftsmen are happy to share.
How to build a wooden arbor with your own hands. Photos and design drawings
Choosing material for construction, many prefer wood. Wooden models fit perfectly into the exterior of the local area and look harmoniously in the garden. In addition, the tree is quite durable, environmentally friendly and durable material that is easy to process. As a rule, wooden arbors are performed in the open version. For erection use a bar, logs, a board, a lattice from levels and other wooden elements.
Photo: arbor in the yard, built of wood
Rectangular arbor made of wood
The simplest option for self-design and construction is the construction of a square or rectangular shape. It is a light open structure consisting of support posts, roof and fencing. The drawings reflect the dimensions of the structure, the height of the supporting posts, the configuration of the roof with an indication of the height and angle of inclination, the height and the pattern of the fence. Frontal and profile projection arbor drawings are made. A separate scheme depicts the foundation for the structure (usually used columnar base). It indicates the amount of burial pillars and the distance between them, which depends on the size of the building.
Project rectangular wooden gazebo with fencing and stairs
Helpful advice! For the convenience of the work, it is necessary to attach to the project detailed diagrams of the technical units, where the options for fastening the elements together will be indicated.
In the roof drawings, you need to display the truss system indicating the method of fastening the upper trim, the lower support for the rafters (Mauerlat), as well as specify the step between the rafters. When all the drawings and diagrams are ready, you can proceed to the self-erection of the structure. First of all, prepare and mark up the site under construction. To do this, use the pegs with a building cord. After the perimeter is fixed, proceed to the foundation of the device.
Drawing with the size of a square arbor of wood
To fulfill the foundation, according to the drawings, they dig pits with a depth of about 70-80 cm, fill their bottom with a layer of sand, and then insert support posts and concrete. During work, it is necessary to check the verticality of all supports and their equidistance from each other along the entire height. Then proceed to the implementation of the lower trim and the device floor of the lag. For this use wooden bars. When the floor frame is assembled, arrange the flooring of the boards. Next, attach the top trim, collect the frame of the roof, using the prepared schemes, sheathe the frame board and cover with roofing material.
Step-by-step construction scheme
The installation of the fence is carried out when the construction of the arbor is fully assembled and installed. First, fix the horizontal bars serving as a railing, and then fix the vertical supports (balusters) of the fence. If the project includes a wooden lattice as a fence, then frames of timber can be prepared according to the specified dimensions, inside which the strips are packed in the form of a grid.
Projects from a tree with a brazier, a barbecue
Before proceeding to the development of the project itself gazebos with a barbecue or fireplace, you must perform a sketch, which will indicate the location of the gazebo on the site. In view of the fact that water and gas are often supplied to such structures, it is necessary to properly plan its installation site. In addition, the direction of the wind should be taken into account in which the smoke from the furnace would not spread to other buildings.
Photo: a spacious gazebo equipped with a barbecue oven
Wooden gazebos with barbecue, stove or fireplace are usually replaced by the functionality of summer kitchen. Such structures can be built both open and closed. Variants of enclosed buildings are often used in the winter period, therefore, at the design stage, wall insulation and the availability of high-quality ventilation may be provided. Designing gazebos with barbecue, barbecue or fireplace is a rather complicated process. For such structures, it is important to take into account not only the foundation for the pavilion itself, but also directly for the furnace equipment, since the brick structure has a sufficiently large weight. Most often, a separate tiled basement is arranged for a brazier or a fireplace, and for the construction itself - a columnar or ribbon one.
Sketch of brick and wood with barbecue and stove
Helpful advice! To avoid the appearance of cracks in the concrete base under the grill or fireplace, it is necessary to apply the reinforcement of the foundation with steel rods.
In the drawings all dimensions are displayed, the layout with the designation of the location of the barbecue or fireplace. Separately depicted the scheme of the foundation and chimney. The project also includes drawings of the mangal itself, indicating the shape and dimensions of the brazier, the number of firing points and the orderly laying of bricks during construction.
3D-project of the construction of a wooden gazebo with wood-burning stove
Developing a plan, you need to make the correct zoning of space. It is necessary to provide a safe arrangement of the dining table and to provide free access to the brazier or fireplace for preventive and maintenance activities. It is also extremely important to indicate the dimensions of the section of the floor around the furnace equipment where the fireproof material will be laid. The use of buildings with a brazier and a stove as a summer kitchen implies supplying water, gas supply and electricity to them. In this regard, the project includes wiring diagrams indicating the location of electrical points, as well as wiring diagrams for gas and water networks.
Scan the wall indicating the size and location of the furnace and chimney
Competently executed projects of wooden arbors with fireplaces, stoves or barbecues, will allow to avoid mistakes in case of rather complicated construction of such structures.
How to build a gazebo of metal with their own hands. Photos, drawings and diagrams
In addition to wood, metal is often used for construction: iron or aluminum. This material is durable and products from it do not need to be repaired. The elements are joined using welding. Models of metal arbors can have a stationary or collapsible design. In the case of a collapsible version, bolted joints are used as fasteners.
Helpful advice! One of the conditions for the durability of a metal structure is surface treatment with anti-corrosion agents and timely painting.
Hexagonal metal gazebo with a pointed roof
When planning the location, it is necessary to take into account that the metallic elements become very hot in hot weather. In this regard, it is recommended that such facilities be open and installed in the garden. Before starting the project, it is necessary to think of a design that would correspond to the existing exterior in terms of style.The dimensions laid in the metal arbor drawings depend on the estimated number of people who can be inside it, as well as the furniture and the availability of certain equipment (barbecue, barbecue).
Drawing of a metal arbor with wrought iron elements
Many people use ready-made schemes for the construction of buildings of this type, whose photos can be found on the Internet. Rectangular shape with dimensions of 2.5x3 m is relatively easy to install. This model will not be cumbersome and at the same time it is possible to place a table and several seats for a comfortable rest.
Arbor from a profile pipe. Drawings, photos of finished designs
Due to the variety of properties of the profile metal pipe, many use this material for the construction of this type of arbors. Structures from a profile differ in ease of construction, excellent resistance to atmospheric actions and durability. In addition, this material is relatively inexpensive, and designs made of a profile have a decent neat appearance.
Photo: gazebo from the profile tube, complemented by a fabric canopy
Before proceeding to fabrication, it is necessary to select the type and shape of the structure, prepare the drawings, check the availability of the necessary materials and tools for installation. A photo of a pergola from a profile pipe demonstrates various configurations of these structures: rectangular, hexagonal, square and other more complex shapes.
Helpful advice! For those who do not have sufficient skills in the work with the welding machine, as well as for the first time carries out the installation of an arbor, it is recommended to choose designs of simple forms.
Project of arrangement of a rectangular gazebo from metal profile
Sketches and drawings, you can do it yourself or use ready-made diagrams, proportionally changing the size to fit your version. In the drawings, you must specify all dimensions, perform all calculations as accurately as possible, since the appearance of the structure and the selection of the necessary materials will depend on it. For the construction of the structure will be needed such materials: concrete, profile pipe, primer for processing metal surfaces, accessories, roofing material. From the tools you need: construction level, drill with a set of drills, Bulgarian, welding machine, shovel, fasteners.
The project of a square arbor from a metal pipe with wooden benches
Selecting and marking the place under the design, proceed to the device holes. Their number is determined by the number of supports, according to the drawings. Pits make a depth of about 60 cm. The height of the support columns is taken with this value. For the supports use a profile with a cross section of 80x80 mm and a wall thickness of 3 mm, to which the supporting metal heels are welded. This will give the structure additional stability. The bottom of the prepared pits is poured with rubble, carefully tamped, inserted support posts and concreted. At this stage, it is important to observe the maximum verticality of the racks installed. For this, as soon as the concrete hardens a little, the position of each support is checked and leveled by level.
Drawing of an arbor from a profile with a square section
After installation of the supports, it is necessary to withstand about 2 days until the concrete has fully set, and then proceed to the lower horizontal trim. For it, a smaller section profile is applied, which is welded to the supports at a certain height above the ground. The distance from the ground to the horizontal strapping is taken so that it is as comfortable as possible to enter the gazebo. Next, proceed to the manufacture of the roof. The rafter system is formed from the profile according to the diagrams. For the gable shape, the profile is welded at an inclination of 15 degrees. For the convenience of fixing the roofing material, the profile pipe is welded to the frame of the roof as a batten with a step of 45 cm. At this frame is considered assembled.
The scheme of a folding arbor from a proftruba with a size of 20х20х2 mm
Types of polycarbonate bowers
Polycarbonate models feature an incredible variety of shapes. This is due to the ductility of the material, light weight and ease of installation. Designs can have an oval, round, rectangular, spherical shape, as well as an asymmetrical configuration. Constructions are open or closed.
A small closed gazebo built using polycarbonate
The roofs of buildings covered with polycarbonate can be single-slope, multi-slope, arched, semi-arched, hipped, spherical, domed and multi-level. A variety of colors polycarbonate panels allows you to give the space inside any shade, taking into account your preferences. Types of polycarbonate gazebos can be made in combination with a profile pipe, forged metal, wood, stone, brick, and also combined from several types of material. Quite often you can find designs with an arched roof in the form of a canopy adjacent to the main house. The choice for a building with a polycarbonate coating of a material depends on the presence of similar elements in the exterior.
Drawing of a polycarbonate gazebo with an arched roof
For functional purposes, the polycarbonate structure can be used as a children's playground, summer kitchens, recreation rooms and guest rooms. Dimensions of the structures can be voluminous with barbecue or barbecue equipment and completely miniature, under which are placed a couple of small benches and a table. Photo arbors of polycarbonate do-it-yourself show original models of various shapes.
Construction of a gazebo do-it-yourself made of metal and polycarbonate
Construction should begin with the development of drawings and design sketches. In the drawings it is necessary to describe the structural scheme of the frame, all the dimensions and methods of fastening elements. This will help to correctly calculate the necessary materials and precisely perform the cutting of the frame and coating elements.
Metal and polycarbonate are great for decorating
Helpful advice! Cut polycarbonate should be saw with fine teeth or at low speed grinder. This will help to get an even cut and will not allow the plastic to crumble.
For the basis of the design fit concrete ground. For its devices, a layer of vegetation is removed, crushed stone is 5-6 cm thick, and it is poured with a solution of concrete with a layer up to 10 cm.
Project of arrangement of an arbor from metal and polycarbonate
The installation of the frame supports is carried out simultaneously with the base device. At the corners of the perimeter, pits are made with a depth of 60 cm and profile tubes with a section of 50x50 mm are inserted into them. After this stand concreted, paying attention to the vertical installation and the identity of the depth of each of them. After installation of the support pillars, the upper rail and horizontal beams (girders) are fastened to them from the profile pipe by welding. These elements will subsequently serve as the basis for fixing benches and fencing made of polycarbonate panels. At will, the fence can be made not only of plastic, but also of any other material, for example, natural stone, wood or forged elements.
The six-sided arbor constructed with use of polycarbonate
The roof can be made in sled. To do this, small sections of pipes are welded to the profile of the upper trim, to which later inclined pipes are welded. The height of the racks is selected with such an account in order to provide sufficient slope for precipitations to fall from the roof.To give the roof structure rigidity, an intermediate pipe is welded in the middle of the ramp, to which the polycarbonate panels will be attached.
Mounting of polycarbonate sheets
Sheet polycarbonate sheets during installation are placed so that the channels (honeycomb) inside the sheet are located as vertically as possible: this will ensure the moisture output to the outside. Attention should be paid to the fact that the marked surface of the sheets should be on top, where the material is treated with a protective film. Plastic panels are stacked end to end, interconnecting with a special profile.
Three-dimensional project of arbours made of wood and polycarbonate
Holes for fasteners perform slightly larger diameter than the screws. The distance from the edge of the sheet to the first connection should not be less than 40 mm. The line of docking panels should be located along the frame elements. To ensure the tightness of point connections - use heat washers in plastic color. At the end of the work should be properly handle the edges of the sheets. To do this, the upper end is closed with an airtight tape, and the lower - with perforated tape. Such processing will not allow dust to get inside the panel and at the same time will ensure the removal of moisture from the plastic channels.
Registration of a joint between sheets of polycarbonate
Arbor made of polycarbonate and other materials, collected independently in exact accordance with the drawings and diagrams, will have a solid construction and will last for quite a long time. It will perfectly decorate the site and will become a favorite vacation spot for the whole family.
General idea of pergola
The purpose of the first pergolas in the Roman Empire was the support of vine grapes.
In modern times, such designs often serve as a decorative element of the landscape. Crawling and creeping plants encircle the pergola and are used by owners of private houses and country sites to create shady places and passages.
Pergola - is one or more arches, interconnected crate. Such wooden structures, of course, are a great decoration of the landscape, but they also have the functionality.
- Creating a shaded place in the recreation area.
- Use as a transition from one place to another.
- Division of a country site into zones.
- The decoration of the main house building.
- Disguise of old or not very successful architectural structures.
- Basis for vines or other creeping plants.
In the classical form, pergola is a structure in the form of double-row support columns connected by an upper overlap. The pillars are mounted on a specially created foundation, on the top of the pergola is a tapestry filling and connecting bars and planks.
Pergola, unlike the arbor, does not completely hide the sky, through the gaps of wooden materials, you can see pieces of air space in any weather or contemplate beautiful climbers, which are conveniently located across the surface of the pergolas.
For poles use strong rack height of at least two and a half meters. These pillars are installed on an individual foundation or strengthened by the racks with the help of metal crutches, dropping them to a depth of 60–70 cm. Another type of pillar anchorage is to place them in metal quadrilateral shoes.
Timber or round logs are quite suitable for pergola pillars, but it is not forbidden to make poles from composing rails, poles with different types of processing, metal pipes.
On top of the pillars lay the so-called girders (beams), along which perpendicular to the boards-crossbars (section 20 by 5 cm).
For the construction of beautiful pergolas, it is desirable to observe certain proportions.The construction in which the height of the pillars is much larger than the distance between them looks not quite harmonious. Therefore, most often make the dimensions between the posts along the pergola - 3 - 3.5 m.Pergolas look too high or too low.
Traditionally, wooden structures are used to build pergolas.
Pergola from a tree:
Structures of various complexity can be constructed from wooden materials, they fit well together and, if necessary, are easily transferred from place to place.
Wooden pergola in the traditional version
If you want to be original, then take the shelled tree trunks as supports, emphasizing the relationship of man with the pristine nature.
You can make pergolas with columns of metal structures and decorate them with wrought openwork elements.
Looks great metal pergola with wrought iron decor
Sandstone, brick, hewn stone, concrete, metal profile, wire - can also be taken as building materials for the construction of pergolas in your suburban area.
Beautiful and "airy" look pergolas-walkways along the paths using forging and twined with ivy, ornamental grapes and other suitable plants.
Materials used in the construction of pergolas, can be combined. A great option - metal racks of pipes (diameter 4 cm), to which the crossbar of transverse wooden beams are attached.
The introduction of plastic materials into a person’s life can also be used in country buildings. But keep in mind that plants of plastic (unlike wood) plants take root worse.
Excellent plastic construction will successfully fit into the landscape design of modern suburban areas
Buildings made of stone, though very spectacular, but make them capable of, perhaps, only a specialist. Processing monolithic stone is difficult and better amenable to the skillful hands of professionals.
Somewhat easier to work with bricks. This material can also be learned by ordinary people who wish to decorate their country residence.
You should not think that the pergola is only rectangular structures. Such landscape decorations may be of other forms:
- in the form of a fan,
- wall mounts
- double row
- single row
- square, etc.
Combining several pergolas at once, you can get a whole architectural ensemble of beautiful structures. The choice of material, size and shape of the pergola depends on the style decision of a country house and the site as a whole.
Pergolas set anywhere in the suburban area. They can be freestanding structures or adjacent buildings to the main building. In the latter case, the pergola is securely fastened to the wall of a house or other architectural structure. Such structures are static, as opposed to dynamic and directional structures.
Wall version of metal construction
Dynamic pergolas "move" along the tracks laid on the site, creating a fertile shadow during walks along them. A beautiful corridor of plants climbing the pergola will become not only the property of the landscape design of your country house, but will also help you to find the desired coolness on a hot summer day.
Inside the pergola can be conveniently located a bench for rest or a sculpture, suitable for the theme of landscape style and architecture of the building.
Inside this wooden pergola you can relax and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding nature.
Pergola can be a part of the entrance ensemble. In this case, an entrance door is attached to one of the racks.
Entrance with pergola
We buy materials
The type of materials, their quantity and quality depends on several factors:
- selected design
- dimensions of the future pergola,
- your wealth.
For the construction of pergolas will need wooden slats, metal pipes (depending on the base material), brackets, metal corners, bolts, cords or thick wire.
The main quality of metal construction is its durability and strength.Wooden pergolas have an excellent ability to fit into any landscape corner. Brick buildings are best suited for sites with large areas.
If you are constrained in means, then the budget option of building a pergola from plastic materials is for you. Such designs can become a harmonious continuation of the whole stylistic trend triumphing in the hacienda.
As helpers, tools for work need to prepare:
- shovel or bur (to prepare pits for poles),
- level (to establish horizontal or vertical surfaces),
- electric jigsaw (for cutting),
- tape measure (for measuring),
- Basin for mixing the solution
- steady stool or ladder.
The set of tools may vary depending on the materials chosen and the design of the future pergola.
Of course, any building can be embodied most accurately and correctly, if you first make a drawing and clearly follow all the parameters.
Drawings can be done by yourself, if you know a little about this. If not, then make an order in a design studio or download a finished project from the Internet. Each of these options has its pros and cons.
Drawings and projects under the order from specialists may cost not cheap, but they will be individual and will be able to take into account all the features of your site, location and purpose of the pergola.
The option from the Internet needs to be adapted to your conditions, since not always the chosen drawings can fully fit your idea or possibilities.
The main condition for the construction of pergolas - a clear adherence to the parameters. The principle of “measure seven times - one cut” - is most suitable for the construction of a pergola with your own hands.
We construct the structure of wood
Algorithm for constructing a pergola from a tree:
- According to the drawing, we make markup on our site, denoting the parameters of the pergola with pegs.
- In places the peg you need to dig 4 holes under the pillars-supports to a depth of 60 cm. Holes under the pillars
- Install the pillars in the pits and fill with concrete or other fastening solution. The height of the supports - I agree with the drawing. Concretes the support base
- We are waiting for the complete drying of the solution and attach the horizontal support beams (50 to 150 mm). Beams with edges need to be done with a jigsaw rounding. Fastening carried out with screws (screwdriver). Fasten horizontal beams
- Now let's do the crossbars. Expose the required dimensions, using a tape measure, and cut out the grooves to insert the crossbars in the support beams. The edges of the slats are designed according to our idea - they can be figured or simply cut diagonally. The size of the slats is the same as the beams - 50 by 150 mm. Crossbars
- Over the crossbar install the top slats (50 to 150 mm) with grooves cut in advance. The edges of the upper rails are also designed according to the drawing. Fix the top slats
- We attach slopes to posts and support beams at a forty-five-degree angle, using screws. Slopes
Pergola can be used in this form, but it will be more functional (when plants are placed) with trellises at the top, around which creeping flowers will be twisted.
Instructions for creating a metal pergola with their own hands
Metallic pergola, like wooden, is also done after a preliminary drawing of the future construction. After purchasing the necessary material, we cut the pipes into fragments according to the specified parameters - for racks, crossbars and stiffeners. It is advisable to process the pipes with special compositions against corrosion, thereby increasing the service life of the structure.
If there is a welding machine and a specialist who understands this, then the assembly of the structure will pass quickly and without any problems.You can use another option for reliable fastening - with the help of bolts.
- At the location of the support pillars, we make pits with an average depth of 60 cm. The diameter of the holes is 15–25 cm. The usual garden drill will ease the work.
- In the recess poured medium-sized gravel and sand, to the very bottom. Put the pipe rack and align with the level. With the help of boards make fixing in the desired position of the pillars and then poured concrete. Concrete Pouring
- The next stage can be started no earlier than a week later, since the concrete should harden and become a reliable support for the pillars. Having ascertained the strength of concrete hardening, you can begin to make transverse structures. To do this, first, pipes are welded to the posts in a horizontal position, and to them - the crossbar. The design for decorating the site with climbing plants is ready.
Metal Pergola Top
To make the vegetation more lush, it is possible to stretch steel wire over the metal structures, stretching it from vertical uprights to the earth's surface with a pitch between elements of 15–20 cm. Green plants tightly enough obovyut such a pergola, leaving almost no centimeters for the penetration of the scorching sun. Beauty, coolness and fresh air - all this can be “received”, being in the shadow of this structure.
Great place to stay - metal pergola
Of course, the most common task that pergola can do is to protect from the hot sun. But this is not the only function performed by the pergola.
- Pergola can be a construction used to divide the area into zones. With the help of such facilities it is easy to create a recreation area in which you can retire and escape from the everyday hustle and bustle by reading your favorite book or talking to an interesting person.
- A wooden or metal structure with climbing plants can be a wonderful living “tunnel” leading to the sports field, garage, pool. And how nice to walk along the path, decorated with such an elegant design!
- Wall pergola version can be a beautiful entrance to the house.
- Demonstration of favorite varieties of creeping plants is feasible with the help of pergolas. Honeysuckle-liana, climbing roses, clematis, princes flourish in such a design and become a luxurious decoration of your country plot.
Pergola is not exotic, it is an excellent variant of landscape design, which can be realized in the country with your own hands, having spent a minimum of effort and materials, and having received maximum pleasure and beauty.
The main types of pergolas
This design is designed and installed in different ways, depending on what the main task it should solve. Pergola can be a separate object on the territory, an extension to any structure (summer house, shed, porch, gazebo) or be part of it. In the latter case, it not only creates a shadow, but also zones a certain area.
You can do anything with your own hands. Consequently, step-by-step instructions on how to make a pergola for a person with a developed imagination, who has at least a general idea of landscape design, is not needed as such. Just a few examples and practical advice are enough to understand which version, focusing on the characteristics of the territory, the location of the framework, its capabilities and skills, stop the choice. This is the place to start.
This type of pergola on individual sites is much more common.
The photo shows that such pergolas are installed either separately or with abutment to the dacha buildings. They can be mounted above the garden pool, playground, parking lot of personal cars - there are many options.
Such pergolas are installed, if necessary, to decorate the territory, divide it into separate sectors (zoning of space) or fence off something.And this applies not only to create shaded areas. If the vegetation on some segment needs to be protected from excessively strong gusts of wind, draft is a good way to solve the problem.
In fact, it is a mini-canopy, which is mounted on the most illuminated wall of the building. If it is in this place it is planned to equip a small recreation area, then we can restrict ourselves to this design. It does not take much time and materials.
For areas with large dimensions and long paths - a good way to protect from prying eyes, sun and rain. Although this pergola is not bad to install on a separate segment.
The parameters and form of the frame are chosen arbitrarily, and there are no uniform standards in this matter. The main thing is to choose the right size so that the pergola does not look something foreign on the site. Features of the scheme are most concerned with the height of buildings And here it is appropriate to recall such a factor as sail. Since pergola, by definition, is a skeleton densely covered with vegetation, it is necessary to take into account the wind rose.
By choice of materials
Since it is about how to do it yourself, it means not only a minimum of professionalism in construction issues, but also the use of the simplest, improvised tool. Based on this, the choice is somewhat limited.
There is no doubt that such a structure will turn out really strong and durable. Although the pergola has enough metallic flaws.
First Second Second Third Fourth Fifth
For the shield design it is hardly suitable. But if we are talking about a canopy - a good solution. Polymer pipes are cheap (PP, PE), well bent, cut, so the arch-type frame is easy to make. Its covering with polycarbonate sheets does not take much time (and, moreover, is not always necessary), therefore, making a similar pergola with your own hands is not a problem.
It is wooden structures mainly placed on the house and dacha territories. Doubts in the fragility of such a pergola can be only for those who do not know the rules for the selection and processing of wood.
Given the operating conditions, it is advisable to stay on the pine. The lower rims of the log cabins of this type of wood serve for decades. And if you organize a competent drying and impregnation of the material (most often it is a timber), then you can forget about repairing such a construction for a long time.
By features of construction
This mainly concerns pergola supports. Options for a small area is not so much.
With support frame.
In the latter case, it is sufficient to fasten a metal “cup” with a plate-shaped sole to which the holes for the screws are drilled to the timber. By the way, these “shoes” are easy to reinstall if you want to change the shape of the pergolas. It will be necessary to pick up plastic pipes only according to the diameter of the glasses and insert their ends into the supporting elements.
The second option is to drive into the bar pins. Enough pointed trimming rebar. In this case, the tubes of the frame are placed on them.
The author made only general recommendations on the choice of schemes and materials for pergolas. The main adviser in this matter is his own fantasy. Therefore, to decide what and how, only you, dear reader, and no one else. Think, plan, do, and you will succeed.
Pergola is a decorative object of landscape design used for recreation. The basis of the design is the supports on which the roofing surface and railings (trellis) are fixed. Due to the presence of thin straight elements, winding plants spontaneously entwine around the arch, planted near support columns.
The materials used for pergolas should be distinguished by durability and environmental friendliness. The preference is more often given to metal and wooden structures.It is appropriate to combine them with polymer elements, natural stones, bricks. The wrought iron arches look impressive.
The supporting elements of the pergola are buried in the ground, followed by concreting. This gives the structure durability and rigidity. Such an object lasts longer, delighting households with attractive and sometimes artistic appearance and functionality, especially in the heat of the day.
Types of pergolas
Pergola settles mainly in the passage area between the parts of the garden. The design is an arch, and all other elements and the arched shape is selected taking into account the architectural lines of the main building and outbuildings.
The design of the object is carried out in accordance with its belonging to a particular type.
• Traditional design - rustic style, the main material - wood.
• Pergola-pristenok located close to the capital structure. This type is more suitable for oriental style.
• An object in Provence style is distinguished by the presence of wooden elements with artistic carvings and aerial textiles above the bench.
• Scandinavian style stands out for rectangular shapes, spaciousness and minimalism. Wooden construction often has a transparent roofing of polycarbonate or plexiglass.
• Pergola in modern style settles on a spacious site. In the middle of the object, a hearth is necessarily established. Furniture is chosen comfortable with soft pillows.
• The Mediterranean construction is characterized by broken lines that resemble a sea wave shape. Lightness and air curtains. Plants in this variant are selected undersized. And an integral part of the design is a pool installed next to it.
To focus on the chosen style is recommended to use the appropriate plants and decorative elements (textiles, furniture, sculptures).
Quality garden arches must withstand loads of different nature (wind, weight). In the opposite case, under the influence of atmospheric phenomena, the structure will collapse. When performing design work takes into account the additional weight that will create greens.
When designing the landscape, pergolas are often assigned the function of a framework for weaving plants. This makes it necessary to create surfaces of such shape and size so that the winding vegetation spontaneously wrap itself around the elements of the arch.
The place for the construction should be chosen taking into account the purpose of the object. If the pergola is paned to be used for protection from scorching sunlight, then it is recommended to locate it in the east-west direction.
How to make a pergola with your own hands
It is possible to decorate the dacha with pergola by purchasing a finished structure made of metal or polymeric materials. But much nicer to equip a recreation area on their own. Owners who do not have much experience in construction are encouraged to use wood as the main material for a decorative object. It is well treatable, lightweight, safe for human health.
It is necessary to begin works with planning of a design. To do this, a project is being developed on a piece of paper with reference to a specific place. The drawing should exactly draw all the bending lines, designate the parameters of the object of landscape design. Next, prepare the entire tool with which the installation work.
Among the main tools are:
• measuring devices, pegs, cord,
• two types of shovel (sovkovaya, bayonet),
• chisel or chisel,
• tank for mixing the solution.
From the materials you will need:
• hardware (screws, nails),
• bars of wood (50x50, 50x100 mm),
• rubble stone, cobblestones,
• cement-based working mortar,
The sequence of the installation work
1. To clear a zone of a site on which it is planned to equip a pergola. Focusing on the drawing, install pegs in the control points, stretch the cord through them.
2From two longitudinal sides of the arch, dig trenches 25-30 cm deep, arrange pits on each side, going another 20-25 cm. Fill the trenches with rubble stone, fastening it with concrete mortar. At the same time on the edges of the set support columns - wooden bars. The ends of the supports, immersed in the ground, must be treated with waterproofing. To do this, they are applied hot bitumen, and wrapped with roofing felt. The poles will be ready for installation after the bitumen has dried. They are poured with concrete solution in equipped pits. If the soil is loose or clayey, the supports are additionally reinforced with a reinforcement cage.
3. Make a laying of rubble stone, towering 40-50 cm above the ground.
4. After hardening of the concrete, the wooden supports are joined at the top by bars.
5. From the wooden slats knock the crate and fix it on the top trim. In this case, the presence of the slope of the roof structure is taken into account only in the case of covering the batten with any material to protect it from precipitation. But often garden arches are covered with lashes.
6. At the final stage, wooden elements are treated with an antiseptic and a protective coating or varnish. In some cases, a fire retardant is used to reduce the flammability of the material.
The object is considered complete only after the arrangement of the path and the landing of climbers. An artificial reservoir, a pool or a fountain harmoniously look close to the pergola. Will add colors and aroma to rock arias or a flower bed. Even the usual alpine meadow would be appropriate instead of the usual lawn.
- self-tapping screws
- Roulette, Level, Clamps,
- timber, slats,
- metal staples,
- cement, sand,
- roof kit (sail, fixings, cable),
- the bolts.
Step by step instructions for the construction of the pergola with his own hands
The dimensions of the structure are determined on the basis of its location or according to the scheme.
1. Take the timber - 6 pcs. They will serve as columns, on which the upper elements of the pergola will be fixed. In the upper part we cut out special grooves. At the bottom you need to make a niche in which the bracket will be installed.
2. In the upper part of the bars will be fastened with the help of beams with transverse rails. It looks like a staircase. Front and back "ladder" will be flat. Along the edges, it will taper from the back wall to the front of the pergola. That is, you get a bias. In total, you need to make six "stairways" (4 flat, 2 with a slope).
To the construction process went according to plan, it is better to use the drawings.
3. Having mounted and sizing all the spans, it is necessary to paint all the structural elements (bars, ladder spans).
4. Next, as shown in the photo, we begin the assembly of the pergola for giving with our own hands.
First of all, we fasten, with the help of bolts, the brackets to the lower prepared part of the bars.
Then, proceed to the side wall. Using self-tapping screws, fasten the side span to the top of the two bars, to the side without grooves. The lower part of the two bars is connected to each other by a board fixed with clamps.
5. Having prepared one half of the garden pergola, you need to make its marking on the ground and in the places of fixing the bars to drill holes (pits). Then, set the prepared side.
It is very important to firmly secure the rear bars to the wall of the house. We drill a hole in the wall with a special drill, and, as shown in the photo, we fasten them with a special dowel.
6. Then, install the two middle supports of the pergola.
7. Now, the turn came to the installation of the upper part of the back and the front wall of the half pergola.
An important condition. As can be seen in the photo, the upper span beam should be longer than half the width of the middle support bar, and the full width of the extreme bars. That is, the upper part of each span, on the one hand, will be in the groove of the outermost beam, on the other hand, it lies on the middle supporting beam. Spans are fastened with screws.
8. By installing one half of the structure, you can install the second.Since the middle bars are already fixed, the second part of the pergola will consist only of the side wall. After its installation, the upper spans are fastened (front and rear, as well as on the first part of the pergola).
9. For structural strength and roof mounting, two transverse beams are installed. Thus, there will be three compartments for the roof.
10. Making sure, with the help of the level that everything is set straight, you can concrete the lower part of the metal brackets that are attached to the uneven bars.
11. Then, the roof is mounted. First, in the back, adjacent to the house, from above you need to fix the boards, pull the cable under them for each side of the fabric. On the cable, with the help of fasteners, put on the fabric.
Self-made wooden pergolas finished.
Installation of a wooden pergola
The easiest way to build a pergola with your own hands from wood. But many homemade craftsmen can weld a metal frame that looks very nice with elements of cold bending imitating forging.
Some home gardeners collect pergolas and trellis for grapes and other climbers from plastic water pipes and metal or wooden racks.
Consider the manufacture of pergolas for example wooden construction:
- Step One: Installing Supports. They can just be dug in, but for greater stability and durability, install them in metal cups from pipe pieces of suitable diameter. Pipe sections can be pre-concreted. To do this, dig a hole 600 mm deep and a diameter of 3-5 times more prepared metal cups. We install them centered and align it vertically, fill the recess around with concrete. When the solution hardens, supports from the bar are inserted into the holes. They are aligned with a plumb and fixed. The timber before installation should be processed antiseptic. It is possible to fix the supports with a solution or using wooden pegs,
- Step Two: Top Strapping. At the top of the rack connect the longitudinal boards, which will be installed roof beams. Usually they are made four, two on each side. In the bottom trim usually design does not need,
- Step Three: Roof Mounting. It is recruited from vertically mounted boards, sometimes with a slight slope (10-20 degrees, at the same time the elements put on an edge remind blinds).
All connections are best done by type. groove thorn. To do this, first make the grooves on the vertical racks where the horizontal elements will be placed. Parts can also be joined using self-tapping screws.
If ordinary nails are used, they should be hammered in by a scythe (with a slope of approximately 60 degrees to the plane of the joined elements). With such connections, the construction will be more sustainable and will be better able to withstand wind loads.
Side walls can be tightened by normal plastic mesh for climbing plants. So that it does not sag, make additional horizontal crossbar with step 40-50 cm. The walls can also be decorated with decorative crate.
Such tapestry panels are assembled on the frame by the size of the wall. rack to rack. For the grille, thin strips or a bar of small section (20x10mm) are used, which is diagonally packed in increments 10-20 cm.
Of course, without plants pergola looks lonely and ridiculous. This grieves many gardeners especially immediately after installation.
What can be done immediately in the first or second season? First, consider decorating the pergolas potted plants. For this purpose, ampelous (with long hanging stems) are perfect) petunias, fuchsias, pelargoniums, begonias.
They can be hung in pots, and they will delight in abundant flowering throughout the season. Also fit curly annuals:
- sweet pea,
- ampelous and braided nasturtiums,
- decorative bean varieties.
And of course, you need to immediately think perennial planting. If pergola is a simple canopy in front of the entrance and its main task is to shade the porch, then plants with large leaves will do.
For example, grapes table or girlish. It grows quickly and gives a good shade. The dining room will also delight you with delicious berries. But, here is no beautiful flowering from such plants.
More decorative will please such shrubs, as:
- rattling roses,
Such vines overwinter well in the harsh Russian climate, and grow rapidly. Even a gazebo for 4-6 people with proper care, they will braid in 3-4 years. The same plants can be used to decorate a fence, a fence in a front garden and other vertical structures in landscape design.
Where to buy a pergola, approximate prices
If you do not have the ability or desire to build a pergola with your own hands, then today you can buy ready-made design. The most popular are wood and plastic.
The first option can be safely called a classic. You can buy a wooden pergola in any construction company that manufactures houses and arbors from a bar. The price of this design depends on the design and size, but on average from 2000 rubles per square meter.
Plastic pergolas are more often found in hardware stores and garden supplies. Their prices are commensurate or slightly higher than on models made of wood and the construction for 2-4 persons will cost from 10 thousand rubles.
How to make a pergola for the grapes with your own hands, see in this video: