Not all gardeners equip a full-fledged sewage system, as in a city apartment - with a toilet, from which there is a drain in a septic tank or a cleaning station. Many refuse such complex decisions for various reasons: they arrive at the cottage on short visits, rarely and only during the warm season, not appearing in the cold winter period.
In this case, building a sewer system is simply not profitable. But somehow you have to go to the toilet, and it is also desirable with comfort. The solution to this problem can be peat bio-toilet. Recently, such toilets are very popular among summer residents, construction crews and even country residents.
Peat toilet is a more advanced model of powder-closet, there is also used peat for recycling. A modern peat bio-toilet only has more comfort and is more professionally thought out. Although there are models, the principle of which can be attributed to innovation.
Let's see how the peat toilet works and how it works; it will help you choose the most suitable model.
The advantages of the peat dry closet
Peat bio-toilet has a number of advantages in comparison with other bio-toilet, and even more so with an outdoor toilet:
- Comfortable design, almost completely repeating the toilet in the apartment.
- All waste is processed using peat into compost, which is absolutely safe for the environment.
- Peat compost toilet compost is an excellent fertilizer for the garden.
- Waste-free production.
- Almost complete absence of unpleasant odor.
- There is no need for water supply and sewage.
- Peat toilet fully complies with all sanitary standards, so it can be installed inside residential buildings.
- By the way, it is possible to install a peat bio-toilet both inside the house and in a separate structure.
- No additional maintenance required.
- The waste container can be emptied at any time, even a woman or an elderly person will cope with this task.
- The frequency of emptying the tank with waste depends on the intensity of use of the toilet, it is usually sufficient to remove waste every 3 to 4 months.
- Environmentally friendly material for the manufacture of the toilet.
- Cold resistance of the body of the dry closet.
From the disadvantages of peat biotoilets, it is possible to single out only the fact that ventilation is required. The ventilation pipe should extend 0.5–1 m above the ridge, the total length should be at least 4 m to create a full thrust. Such a design feature can cause certain difficulties when installing inside a residential building.
The general principle of the peat dry closet
The products of human activity fall into the storage tank. Immediately after handling the need to sprinkle them with peat.
To do this, the handle on the upper container must be turned first in one direction - the mixture will fall apart on one side, then turn in the other direction - the mixture will fall out on the other side. So the waste is sprinkled evenly. The amount of peat that needs to be dusted with waste can be controlled, it is determined by the amount of rotation of the handle.
As a powder use: peat filler for peat dry closets, peat with sawdust and other fine organic materials. All these tools need to buy, the usual peat from the garden will not work. The fact is that special peat mixes for toilets are saturated with microorganisms, which will be engaged in recycling waste into compost.
So, after the waste was poured with peat, microorganisms and bioenzymes begin to actively process them into compost. Sometimes this process is also called aerobic decomposition or mineralization. There is no smell.
Peat mixture also absorbs liquid wasteAfter all, the dressing has the ability to absorb a volume several times larger than its own. If one person uses the peat toilet or, for example, the family uses it, but only on weekends, the peat powder manages to recycle the liquid waste.
If the family uses the toilet all the time, the peat is not able to absorb all the liquid. To solve this problem, there is a drainage and filter system. The liquid seeps through the drainage into the lower compartment, where it is filtered and drained by a hose to the street. Drain hose should be inclined.
You can divert to a drainage ditch, a compost pit, a septic tank, a well, a special container or, as some craftsmen do, simply drop the pipe in the ground.
As the storage tank of the peat biotoilet is filled, it must be emptied.. It is not necessary to wait until it is completely filled, as in this case, the tank may be too heavy, especially when it comes to emptying a woman or an elderly person.
You can empty the storage container at least every two weeks, at least once a month, at least once every 2 - 3 months or even once every six months. The pull-out tank must be removed from the toilet casing and empty its contents into the compost pit.
After 2 years, this is how long the composting cycle takes, the peat with faeces will turn into an excellent organic fertilizer and fertilizer.
Due to the fact that chemical preparations and reagents are not used at any stage of the peat toilet, this type of toilet received its prefix "bio". Absolute environmental friendliness is the main advantage of the peat toilet.
Now let's dwell more on ventilation.. One cannot do without it - otherwise unpleasant odors will be present. The kit for any peat biotoilet includes a kit for ventilation - pipes and clamps.
The vent pipe should be pulled out as evenly as possible, ideally vertically. Even a single angle or twist of the pipe reduces traction so much that an unpleasant smell cannot be avoided.
Thanks to ventilation, excess liquid from the storage tank and odors disappear.
General rules for ventilation are:
- If no more than 20 visits to the toilet per day are usually done by one person, then ventilation is arranged with a 40 mm diameter hose. Works natural traction.
- If from 20 to 60 visits per day, it is usually 2 - 3 people, then the ventilation is equipped with two hoses 40 and 100 mm in diameter. Works natural traction.
- If more than 60 visits to the toilet per day, the ventilation is equipped with two hoses: one 40 mm provides natural traction, the second - 100 mm with forced ventilation with an axial fan.
It is better to learn more detailed and specific recommendations on the installation and use of the peat bio-toilet from the instruction manual of a specific model, since they differ from each other, although not by much.
Regular peat dry closet to give
There are several varieties of peat toilets, which differ not only in design and operation, but also differ significantly in cost. The usual peat bio-toilet, the principle of operation and the device of which were described above, is quite suitable for the dacha life.
The most common brands of peat biotoilets: Piteco, Biolan, Ekomatic.
All of them have a similar design and equipment: an upper unit consisting of a tank for peat mixture, a peat supply mechanism, a toilet bowl and a seat with a removable lid; the lower unit consists of an accumulation tank, a drainage system and a filtering system.The upper and lower blocks are separated, which greatly facilitates operation.
The main differences between conventional peat toilets are the size of the storage tank, the ease of use of the handle, the height of the seat, the presence or absence of wheels on the storage tank, the presence or absence of seat heating and other structural details.
Electric peat composting bio-toilet
A separate category is to allocate the so-called electric composting toilets. This innovation appeared quite recently and not many can afford. Such a toilet requires a connection to the electrical network and the provision of good ventilation.
Externally, an electric toilet resembles an ordinary toilet. The lower tank is divided into two parts at once: front - for liquid waste, back - for feces and toilet paper. Liquid waste is immediately discharged through a drainage into a ditch, a well or a special tank and is not in contact with solid waste and peat at all.
The back part opens only under the weight of a person, feces fall into it, which are immediately dried with the help of a compressor. Unpleasant odors are removed through the ventilation pipe.
Also dried and toilet paper.
Then the storage tank with dried feces must be emptied into a compost pit, sprinkled with ordinary soil and shed with water in order to turn it all into compost and fertilizer after a couple of years.
A prominent representative of this class of peat dry closets is the toilet Separett Villa, which costs from 750 to 950 USD.
Important! A significant drawback of the Separett Villa electric peat dry closets is that they can only be used while sitting. Even a man needs to sit down on the toilet in order to fix a light need.
Another representative of the innovation Biolet Mulltoa, its structure and principle of action are fundamentally different. Both liquid and solid wastes are in the same storage tank, in which the peat mixture is already filled.
After each visit to the toilet, the heating elements preheat the contents of the chamber so that excess moisture evaporates, while all the time the waste is mixed with peat using a special mechanism.
Under the action of a rather high temperature, microorganisms begin to multiply actively and recycle waste. As a result, the finished compost is immediately obtained, which is immediately poured down into a special pan.
Compost from the pallet can be immediately carried to the beds or to the garden, the whole process of composting is carried out in an accelerated mode. The cost of such a unit is about 1500 cu
Use of peat dry closets - reviews
Those who are just planning to buy a peat bio-toilet will have many doubts and questions. All of them are quite justified, because manufacturers are so praising their goods, it seems that the peat toilet is better than this toilet. Let's take the most frequent questions using the example of feedback.
- Is it true that an unpleasant smell does not come from the peat toilet? Of course, it is impossible to completely get rid of the smell, it will still be - a slight smell of feces and peat, so it is better to put the toilet in a separate heated room or in a street building.
- Is the handle convenient for spilling peat? In fact, the mixture does not always crumble evenly, covering evenly all the waste. Therefore, it is more convenient to use a dipper or scoop and sprinkle by hand.
- Can I do without drainage? If the house is home to more than 2 people, then it is impossible. Drainage of fluid is obligatory, otherwise the tank should be emptied once every two days.
- Does urine smell in electric toilets? Anyway, the urine remaining on the walls of the container and in the pipe produces unpleasant odors, especially male. But taking into account the fact that it is still necessary to equip the drainage drainage of sewage in electric toilets, it is possible to flush with water after going to the toilet.
- Is it possible to install a peat toilet outside in the winter? It is impossible to use a peat toilet in an unheated room, it will crack. Therefore, if for the winter period the owners leave from the dacha, then all the capacities of the peat bio-toilet should be emptied. If the owners live in the country and in winter, the toilet must be installed in a heated room. In this case, the ventilation pipe must be carefully insulated.
- The storage tank is easy to clean after emptying; nothing sticks to it.
- Before using the peat, a layer of 2 cm should be poured at the bottom of the storage tank.
- If there are significant problems with an unpleasant smell, then must use forced ventilation.
The peat bio-toilet is a great alternative to an ordinary outdoor toilet with a cesspool. Environmental friendliness, convenience, comfort, ease of installation and operation - all this provides a pleasant stay and stay in the country without the hassle. And do not forget that it is useful for your garden - because compost can be used as fertilizer.
Peat dry closet - comfort for a personal plot
The principle of recycling waste products of the human body is the basis for the creation of dry closets.
Special bacteria are grown that are capable of processing fats, paper, waste processed by the human body, etc. When receiving fertilizer for plants, an unpleasant odor and stench are removed.
Companies are fighting for the primacy of their products in this area, pushing waste disposal to the forefront of global problems.
Thinking about a comfortable rest on the territory of the suburban house and the backyard plot, they think through every detail, including how to choose a toilet.
Peat toilet, created by the principle of compost formation, in this case is good because it does not require connection to the sewage system or water supply.
Made of plastic, it looks like an ordinary toilet, but is made of environmentally friendly material that does not pose a danger to people around.
The peat-based lattice contributes to the destruction of pathogenic organisms. The waste product of such a product can be used as a fertilizer, with one amendment, only for ornamental plants. It is not recommended to fertilize with such compost vegetables and fruits, the fruits of which are eaten.
- no need to dispose of wastewater
- organic filler smells quite good
- low energy consumption and water use
- obtaining compost as a fertilizer for plants,
- container capacity is less than other dry closets (plays a role in the accumulation of odors).
The principle of this model is that after a trip to the toilet, wood shavings are filled up with waste, the tank is gradually emptied, and all waste together with sawdust is used to fertilize the earth.
Installing it on the street or in a house differs only in that in the second case it is required to bring the hose out and make a pipe for ventilation.
When the tank is completely filled, it will be emptied, cleaned and ready for use in the new season.
What kind of peat toilet to choose depends on the desire of the buyer - the color of the model and the price. The average price range for the product is from 15 to 100 thousand rubles. Before buying it, you should study the models and their features. In some models there is a bottom tank filling indicator that will waste the customer’s electricity.
In most cases, toilets are an autonomous model, independent of sewage and water supply. The time of use and the quickness of replacing the waste container, the method of recycling and the type of flushing are some of the indicators that are taken into account before purchase.
return to menu ↑
According to the reviews and instructions on the Internet, you can build such a design with all the conveniences on your personal plot.It will be better to pour the peat into the toilet manually in small portions, thus saving the total amount of peat used. Installation and installation of pipes for ventilation is not difficult, the principle is the absence of bends.
The construction device implies that the waste is composted and accumulated in the dry closet tank. The tank accumulates and is transferred to the compost pit.
Quite economical consumption of peat - 1 kg of the mixture per 10 kg of products of processing of human activity. Being a type of portable product, it is ahead of all competitor models in durability and economy.
Without polluting the environment, it is an absolutely environmentally friendly product.
Its internal tank is intended for a compost pit, the top one is for a barrel in which peat is poured. Peat dispenser with handle completely fills the contents of the tank. The device of the hose for the discharge of fluid is made so that when part of the moisture from the peat evaporates, then the excess goes through the drainage system, through the drainage hose.
return to menu ↑
The lack of normal conditions of rest at the dacha makes you think about buying a dry closet. The best in this category is the Finnish manufacturer. He offers to get rid of the unpleasant smell and save money by buying his products.
Peat toilets for cottages from Finnish manufacturers are compact, light weight and dry powder as peat. Having calculated the profitability of its implementation, it is clear that spending is only on the purchase of peat, you can not think of a better and more profitable option.
The Finnish dry closet differs in simplicity in installation and ease of service, has convenient ventilating system.
The most famous models among Finnish companies:
The most selling and selling models are Ekomatic and Biolan. The dry closet Ekomatik is a classic version of a composting device, with a peat accumulation system. The buyer is satisfied with the price and ease of operation. Use from spring to autumn can improve the comfort of the dacha, save the owner from unnecessary trouble.
Finns have thought through every detail in their model: a warm toilet seat, width and depth respectively 60 and 78 cm, a large volume up to 110 liters, the upper part of the toilet is removable, the outer part is covered with polyethylene. Waste is composted in its lower section.
The price category varies around 17 thousand rubles. The advantage is that with a strong heat in the summer there is no fetid odor. Cumulative containers will fully ensure the use of three people throughout the summer season. Ordinary detergents will clean up the peat toilet, and peat fillers meet sanitary standards.
Thanks to the principle of work and the device of a dry closet Ekomatic, the waste will be better processed, the liquid will evaporate, and the compost mixture will go as a fertilizer to the garden. Peat toilet for giving from the company Ecolan will last a long time, leaving only a positive impression.
Finns offer a dry bio-toilet Biolan as an indispensable component of the dacha infield. As an odor absorber, it is installed in the house or on the street. The presence of a dry mixture for compost is sufficient for the full operation of the device.
The main characteristics are a warm seat with temperature regulation, a spacious waste tank, a wide ventilation pipe up to 75 mm in diameter, and is covered with polyethylene on the outside. The cost, in comparison with Ekomatik, will be less, ranging from 15 to 16 thousand rubles.
To have such a peat toilet to give will be hygienic and economical. A family of several people will be able to use this hygiene item throughout the summer season.
It is noteworthy that not only human waste, but also paper, pelts, peel residues, etc., are exposed to compost. Peat toilet is in demand among buyers and has only positive reviews.
Quality of life will change after purchasing this product in combination with peat powder.
For such products it is necessary to use only high-quality peat mixes, such as Biolan, Kekkila Hajusieppo, Piteco, Pikakomposti, Biotel.
The mix Biolan is created on the basis of coniferous trees and peat. Domestic composting will ideally be combined with this type of mixture. Continuous use ensures no unpleasant odors and an ideal compost mass.
The product of Kekkila Hajusieppo is widely used for compost pits and heaps, lawn. Absorbing moisture and getting rid of stench are not its only advantages. Sawdust included in the mixture, give looseness of the total mass.
Mix Piteco consists of natural components, is widely applicable on personal plots. It can be compared only with Pikakomposti, which, thanks to microorganisms, accelerates the process of formation of the final product of compost. This includes the processing of leaves and herbs.
The Russian manufacturer introduced to the market Biotel, a tool intended for the recycling of human waste. Eliminating unpleasant odors and flies is now no longer a problem.
- bacteria for septic tanks and cesspools,
- dry closet for disabled people for home.
Peat toilet for cottage: principle of operation and benefits (20 photos) - Home & Garden
The advantage of any dry closet in the country is the speed of installation, the ability to move to another place, environmentally friendly use. However, the only one who justifies the definition of "biological" is a peat toilet.
Unlike toilets of this type with chemical cleaning during its operation, the use of chemical reagents is excluded. The result of the work of such a toilet is getting natural fertilizer for the garden and kitchen garden - compost.
Principle of operation
The principle of transformation of waste into compost is put in the basis of the peat dry closet action. This is due to the biologically active components. In the peat toilet, such a biological component is peat. Peat mixture can also be used - peat with sawdust.
The principle of operation is based on the property of peat to absorb (absorb) human waste products. The resulting compost mixed with the soil, can serve as an excellent fertilizer. Peat processes primarily the solid constituents of feces, resulting in the need to divert excess water to the outside.
The principle of operation of the peat toilet, based on the biological decomposition of waste, contributes to their separation into solid, liquid and gaseous constituents. Peat has disinfecting properties, its use eliminates unpleasant odors.
Characteristics when choosing
How to choose a peat toilet to give, characteristics that should be paid attention to:
- Dimensions. It should be placed in the place intended for it.
- Volume of waste container. Determines the frequency of emptying. Consider the number of users. When buying a toilet with a large tank, if it is used by a small number of people, it will have to be half-empty, since waste cannot last too long.
- Density of a prileganiye of a cover to sitting.
- The presence of wheels on the tank. Facilitates its emptying.
- The presence of the fill indicator.
- Permissible load, depending on the strength of the material.
All models have a high-end exterior. Their appearance can decorate any room. The presence of different colors will allow you to choose the right one and will not bring dissonance to the interior of the dacha if the bio-toilet is installed indoors.
The choice of peat toilets is large enough. The acquisition of such a useful device is possible for people with small incomes, and with high demands.Which one to choose depends on the intended operating conditions and financial possibilities.
Installation and maintenance
Installing a peat toilet is possible both inside the cottage itself and in the yard in a separate building, so choosing a place is not difficult. For the operation does not require water, so there is no danger of freezing in frosty weather. Plastic housing can withstand low temperatures.
The advantage of peat dry closets compared to electric is the ability to quickly install anywhere without wiring electricity.
Care of peat toilets is the regular removal of the contents of the lower tank and its disinfection. It is necessary to fill the top tank in time with peat or mixture. At the end of the summer season, the lower container should be emptied.
The operation of the peat toilet is reduced to the regular filling of the top tank with peat filling and the timely emptying of the waste tank. Do not put peat under the string.
Most manufacturers give a recommendation to fill the container at 2/3. A completely filled waste tank becomes quite heavy, so you have to empty it more often.
The lid in the peat toilet should be kept tightly closed to prevent odor.
The top tank has a built-in peat supply mechanism, driven by a special handle. From the number of turns will depend on the amount of spilled peat. It is necessary to experimentally adjust the force that is applied to the handle, otherwise the peat will crumble unevenly.
If the number of users is large, the peat will not cope with all the liquid. For its removal, it is recommended to install a hose through which the fluid will be drained into the soil using a drainage system.
The frequency of waste disposal depends on two factors: the capacity of the tank and the number of persons regularly using the toilet. On average, the tank will have to be cleaned once a month. Mass should be poured into the compost pit.
Peat used in peat toilets can be purchased at specialty stores. It consists of a mixture of natural peat and sawdust conifer trees. Piteco B30 and PitecoB50 mixes have proven themselves well. The humidity of any mixture should not exceed 30%. When purchasing granulated peat mixtures, the efficiency of use is greatly increased.
Peat toilets cannot be used immediately. It is necessary to withstand it for some time in a compost pit, which you can do yourself or purchase a ready-made composter. It is better not to buy a garden composter than an open type, but which is covered with a lid.
To create a higher temperature, it makes sense to cover the waste with black textile material. This will speed up the process of obtaining high-quality compost.
The contents of the peat toilet's lower tank are emptied into the composter, after which it should be covered with earth. The decomposition processes will stop in about a year, and then the compost can be used as a fertilizer.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of peat toilets include:
- small dimensions
- no need for sewage,
- use of waste as fertilizer,
- installation in any convenient place
- environmental friendliness
- ease of maintenance,
- no need for water supply,
- solution of the problem of waste disposal
- small frequency of emptying,
- low cost
- natural air exchange
- ergonomic design,
- frost resistance
- damage resistance
- compliance with health standards
- low cost of peat,
- low peat consumption,
- slow filling of the tank,
- easy installation
- ease of disposal
- no smell
- does not require electricity supply
- suffers freezing,
- ease of installation
- the possibility of installation in the premises of a country house,
- does not require a sump facility,
- small frequency of cleaning.
Of the minuses can be noted:
- finding a drain hose for liquid waste at a high enough height
- the requirement of a predominantly fixed installation, since the transfer presents certain difficulties
- the spreading device does not always provide uniformity, which leads to the need to powder the waste manually with a spatula,
- accumulation of solid waste under the hole
- big weight of capacity with waste,
- need for ventilation
- the need to systematically clean up waste.
A peat toilet for the dacha as a solution to a pressing problem according to the summer residents who made this purchase is the best option.
Peat toilets manufacturers
In the market of dry closets there is a rating of models of both domestic, and foreign producers. The most popular domestic models:
- Peat dry closet Piteco 505. The best peat toilet among domestic models. Good combination of compactness with ergonomics. Tank capacity - 44 liters. High wear resistance. There is a valve for automatically closing the drain hole. Cost from 5 000 to 6 500 rubles, depending on the model.
- Peat toilet for giving Compact Elite. Capacity for waste - 40 liters. Weight - about 6 kg. The body is made of durable plastic. Included are a dosing system and a discharge pipe. The cost of 3500 - 4000 rubles.
- Biolan. The best Finnish peat toilet to give. The brand offers several models that are sales leaders. Models vary in design, tank volume, price. For giving the most suitable option would be Biolan Populo. The cost of budget models is 16-18 thousand rubles.
- Kekilla Ekomatic. Products of this series are distinguished by high-quality waste disposal, the absence of an unpleasant odor. The cost depends on the configuration - starting with 19 thousand rubles for the basic version.
Swedish peat toilets:
- Dry closet Separett Villa 9011 composting. Capacity for waste - 23 liters. The disadvantage is volatility. Cost - 35 thousand rubles.
- Biolet Mulltoa. Original design. Ergonomic seating. The presence of an automatic system. Of the shortcomings - the high price, starting from 89 thousand rubles.
The presence of peat toilet in the country creates comfortable living conditions, while providing the site with organic fertilizer. Maintenance of the peat toilet is simple and takes little time.
Record Peat toilet to give: principle of operation and benefits (20 photos) first appeared.
How to choose a peat toilet to give - video
Arranging a summer house always requires a lot of attention and time, and the first priority is always water and sewage.
Sewerage for a dacha can cost a lot of money and often very many gardeners use a very advantageous modern invention, like a peat toilet for a dacha or, as it is also called, a dry closet.
Today it is one of the most modern and successful devices, which does not require a reversal of a grand street or domestic construction.
The design of such a toilet is comfortable, does not require a maximum of time for its installation, is practical, compact and very effective in the work on waste disposal.
Peat bio-toilet can be equipped both on the street and inside the house.
How does the peat bio-toilet work?
Many people who have not used the dry closet installation in practice, ask themselves a specific question about how does the peat toilet work? So, the peat structure of the dry closet for the dacha looks like this, when assembled, it looks like this. Any design of peat biotoilets for giving includes a receiving tank, a tank for peat, drainage, a street ventilation vent.
Peat toilet not only can be bought in the household supermarket, but also can be made with your own hands, creating something similar in the way of working out of the household appliances and parts.
How does this miracle of modern discoveries work? Many of the models offered on the market are equipped with a bottom container, into which the compost mass is poured, a tank is installed on top, where the peat mass, which is purchased specifically for a bio-toilet, is sent. It is the last tank that has a regulator-dispenser, pressing down on which the movement of the peat mixture downwards, covering the waste, without providing an opportunity to spread unpleasant odor.
Bacteria contained in peat begin their work of decomposing into useful elements of waste, while non-evaporating excess fluid is discharged through a drainage hose mounted directly into the ground outside the room where the peat bio-toilet is installed, for this purpose a special container is collected in the ground to receive condensed liquid vapors .
It looks like this. The duration of the operation of the peat biotoilet depends on how much capacity has capacity for compost content. Fifty-liter receiver provides a three-month operation of the peat biotoilet to give a family consisting of four adults.
After complete accumulation of recycled waste in the compost tank, it must be cleaned.
Content is extracted and stacked on compost heaps, or trees, shrubs, and even flowers are fertilized immediately. Fertilizer compost heaps are taken a year later for use in garden beds to increase the yield of vegetable crops.
Types of peat toilets to give
Peat toilets for country houses were developed and introduced to life in Finland. It is this country that takes the lead in the quality of the proposed communication sewer device.
Often, peat toilets are made of high-strength plastic, which is impact-resistant, does not deform under the influence of temperature, due to which it is comfortable to equip it outside the walls of the house.
The original assembly of several parts is thought out to the smallest detail, it creates comfortable conditions for both using the toilet and cleaning and filling it with peat mixture.
- Naturally in the sale of country shops plastic compact stationary options are offered for installation in rooms that allow operation without the use of water.
- There is a type of peat toilet and with water flush, this option should be cleaned once a week when used by two adults, which is not a very comfortable condition in the process of using in the dacha life. The principle of operation of this type of peat toilet is identical to the first one, only washed water with waste does not have time to be absorbed by peat and evaporate.
- There are options with outdoor plastic cabins in the set, replacing the construction of wooden structures.
The modern invention of compost dry closet solves several tasks of a summer resident at once - saving money on building toilet construction and digging a cesspool and acquiring useful organic fertilizers.
A modern aesthetic solution to the most global problem of housing the sewage system - the peat bio-toilet is the only environmentally correct solution for the summer resident.
How does a dry closet - a detailed description
How does the bio-toilet
How does the bio-toilet
The dry closet is a great invention for the organization of amenities in any of the places where there is no central sewage system. Hygienic and compact dry closets are indispensable at summer houses and traveling, in temporary housing, which is organized for the period of construction of a capital building on a private land plot.
Dry closets produce several types, which can be found in detail here.
Design of liquid and peat dry closets
Dry closets are something else, as autonomous portable capacity for collecting excrements. Regardless of the type, color, size, and manufacturer, toilets consist of several basic elements.
- Top of the toilet.
Traditionally, it is a toilet seat with a lid, a tank with water or peat, a button / pump / lever for flushing human waste. The bottom of the toilet. In this tank, the very waste of human activity accumulates. Capacity can be supplemented with a ventilation pipe.
For waste disposal, a receiving tray is provided, which is removed from the lower tank and emptied, for example, into a compost pile.
As additional elements in dry closets can be:
- small electric fan
- seat heating with electric control (electronic bidet cover),
- sump fullness indicator,
- wheels for easy transportation of containers
Dry closet with wheels
toilet paper storage tray
Toilet paper storage tray
Fastenings for stable stationary installation of a dry closet with holes for self-tapping screws
- Dry closet, design
- In order to prepare the liquid bio-toilet for work, it is necessary to disconnect the upper and lower chambers by switching the special lever or latches.
- Next, you should add to the lower tank 2-3 liters of tap water and a special liquid for this tank, containing a large number of microorganisms.
Liquid for a dry closet
Water and liquid with a different composition containing aromatic compositions are poured into the upper tank.
Service of a liquid dry closet
Thetford dry closet, lower chamber
Liquid dry closets can be installed indoors and outdoors, but use them at low temperatures is prohibited. Also, biodegradable toilet paper is specially made for such biotoilets (the cost per 4 rolls is about 250 rubles).
It is necessary to store (in case of a long break in use) the dry closet in a dry room, after having disassembled, emptied and washed out all its elements. Gaskets, seals should be periodically lubricated with special greases (but not petroleum jelly and not vegetable oil).
Preparation of a peat dry closet for work, the principle of action, service
Peat dry closets are usually installed permanently with connection to the ventilation pipe. The assembly is similar to the liquid counterparts. The ventilation pipe is connected with special couplings, which come complete with a toilet.
In the peat composting dry closet, instead of liquids, a special peat mixture containing a certain number of bacteria is used.To prepare the bio-toilet for work, you should pour a little peat on the bottom of the lower tank with a scoop and completely fill the upper tank.
After using the toilet, turn the lever that drives the gears. This mechanism allows you to evenly cover the bottom of the receiver with a fresh portion of peat and cover the feces.
Human waste is completely absorbed into the peat mixture and processed into fertilizer. All gases are discharged directly into the ventilation pipe.
Piteco 100 dry closet, peat spreading gear
To clean the bottom of the tank is removed from the toilet tray or internal basket. All content is simply poured into a compost pile, after which the tank is rinsed with water and re-filled with a small portion of the peat mixture.
Of course, during the operation, the unpleasant odor will not annoy you and attract hordes of insects, but while you empty the sufficiently heavy container, you will not have to enjoy the most appetizing aroma. On the other hand, the peat mixture is cheap, and the waste waste will serve as a good feeding plants.
Design and principle of operation of electric dry closets with combustion chamber
Electric dry closets are equipped with a seat for separate collection of urine and feces. The seat is divided into two parts - front and back with a flap. When you press a miniature button or pedal, the flap opens and solid waste goes straight into the collection tank.
Inside the receiver tank are heating elements, due to which all waste is turned into ashes. Waste burning time is about one and a half hours.
In about 3 months of continuous use of one person by a dry toilet, about 200 grams of ash can accumulate, which means extremely rare maintenance and cleaning of the tank.
But for the best quality of work, it is recommended to clean the ash tray once a week.
Electric toilets require not only the inclusion of a power source, but also the organization of an exhaust vent pipe through which odors will evaporate from the storage tank without penetrating inside the room.
Most models require the installation of disposable bags under the toilet seat. These packages are burned along with the contents after pressing a special button.
Dry closets of electric type are not afraid of outages of electricity. The provided batteries ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Electric dry closets
If electric dry closets with a road burning chamber, then with a freezing chamber - 2-3 times more expensive. Not everyone can afford such a bio-toilet.
The principal difference between such dry closets - waste products are quickly frozen in a storage tank, like a freezer. At the same time there is no unpleasant odors and reproduction of microbes.
Under the seat are also disposable bags, which, as filling is removed and disposed of in the trash. The system is powered by batteries and a power supply source.
The design and principle of operation of liquid-free dry closets
Toilets liquid-free disposable
Liquid-free biotoilets are a frame with a toilet seat, under which is mounted a bag for collecting faeces. Dry closets can be both complex designs with rollers, rewinding the film after using the toilet, and as simple as possible with disposable bags that attach adhesive tape under the seat.
The simplest liquid-free biotoilet for camping
Such a system works very simply. As soon as you go to the toilet, all liquid and solid waste is collected at the bottom of the bag. Next, the bag can be filled with cat litter or any other absorbent mixture to be reused, or you can simply remove it and throw it into the trash.
The simplest liquid-free biotoilet for camping
How does the bio-toilet
Fastenings for stable stationary installation of a dry closet with holes for self-tapping screws
Toilet paper storage tray
Service of a liquid dry closet
Liquid for a dry closet
Thetford dry closet, lower chamber
Piteco 100 dry closet, peat spreading gear
This kind of country toilets has a compact size and light weight. In the upper part of chemical toilets there is a water tank and a seat, and in the lower part there is a sealed tank for collecting waste. In some models of chemical toilets, an additional installation of flushing (manual or electric), as well as filling sensors for the waste tank is possible. Familiarize yourself with cesspit cleaning products.
Chemical toilets work according to the following principle: the waste enters the lower tank, where, with the help of various chemicals, it is processed into an odorless product and the process of gas generation is minimized. Chemical fillers are produced in the form of liquids and granules.
There are such fillers for dry closets (can be produced in granular and liquid form):
- on the basis of ammonium - the chemical elements which are a part do not harm the person and completely disappear in a week,
- on the basis of formaldehyde - contains more toxic, in relation to the person, components. It is forbidden to dispose of such waste in green areas and near water bodies.
- based on live bacteria that make recycled waste environmentally safe and harmless.
It is very simple to change the tank filled with sewage - the tank is filled from the top structure and the waste is poured out, the tank is rinsed with water and refilled with chemical reagents, and then fixed to the top of the toilet.
Important!The volume of the tank and the frequency of its purification depends on the number of people who will use it. For example, a family of 4 people will be enough to buy a tank of 120 liters, which should be cleaned once a month.
The main difference between the heat gun and the peat is the warmed body, in which the sewage is recycled. All models are available with one volume of waste tank - 230 l. According to the manufacturer, the thermo-toilet is also suitable for disposing of food waste, except for very hard, for example, bones.
With the help of natural peat additives, the waste is turned into compost, which is almost immediately ready for use in summer cottages. The warmed case of a design does possible use of a toilet even during the winter period.
This type of country toilets requires special preparation of the place for its installation. First of all, this is the creation of a composting reservoir. Its bottom is set at a slight inclination of 30 °, and inside there is a grill that improves air exchange at the bottom of the tank.
After each visit to such a toilet, you will need to add a small amount of peat, for your convenience a special tank is installed, the contents of which are evenly sprayed onto the waste. At the bottom of the reservoir there is a small hatch through which its periodic emptying takes place. Continuous compost toilet scheme There is one feature of continuous compost toilets - they are installed permanently, which prevents them from moving around the summer cottage. The cost of such an installation is somewhat higher, but it quickly pays for itself due to convenient use and minimal maintenance of the structure. Did you know?In Japanese toilets you can find a lot of funny and unusual functions, the most popular are the inclusion of your favorite music, air ionization, and heated seats.
Installation and operation
Installation of peat toilets at the dacha is a simple process, you can handle it yourself. Before you start collecting structures, you should determine the place of its installation. For full functioning of a dry closet, establish it on a plain surface strictly horizontally. You probably will be interested to read about whether it is possible to fertilize the garden with feces.
Next is the installation of the ventilation duct. To prevent unpleasant odors from accumulating in the toilet cubicle, it is best to bring the pipeline up - to the roof. It is desirable that the ventilation pipe was mounted without bends, which in the process of operation will create obstacles to air flow.
The next step in the installation of a dry closet will be the installation of a liquid waste disposal system. The drainage hose should be free from creases and bends from the storage tank to the cesspool. Instead of a pit, you can use a canister or other convenient container into which the liquid fractions will flow freely.
The final stage of the installation of peat toilets will be filling the tank for peat - manufacturers recommend pouring the mixture no more than a third of the tank volume. The main rule of operation is to fill up with a small layer of peat waste after each visit to the composting toilet.
How to make yourself
You can build your own Finnish peat toilet to give yourself - in this case, you can build a design of any design, and also save a lot of money. The construction of any toilet should begin with determining its location. We recommend to read about how and where to build a toilet in the country.
Finnish dry closets are good because they do not require a cesspool, so you can safely build them near wells and water supply systems. Choose a place on your site where the cabin you built will not be visible, and you and your guests will be able to quietly retire in it for a while.
The next step will be the compilation of a list of the required amount of materials and tools that will be involved in the construction of a country toilet.
- sewage tank. The easiest and most affordable option - a bucket. However, you can pick up any capacity of a suitable volume - a tank, a barrel or special insulated cesspools. The main rule - the material should not be exposed to corrosion and not be damaged in its case,
- square wooden block (size 5 * 5 cm),
- plywood sheet or chipboard (thickness not less than 1.5 cm),
- self-tapping screws
- saw or jigsaw,
Learn how to choose a saw, screwdriver, jigsaw, electric saw.
For the construction process to succeed, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Saw 4 legs with a length of 35 cm from a wooden block.
- Using a measuring tape from a sheet of plywood or chipboard, measure two rectangles (52 * 30 cm) and cut them out - these will be the side walls. In the same way, measure two rectangles with a size of 45 * 30 cm, one rectangle with dimensions of 45 * 48 cm and a rectangle with a size of 45 * 7 cm. These will be blanks for the front and back wall, cover and bar for attaching the hinges, respectively.
- After all the blanks are cut out - you can begin to assemble the structure. Using screws and a screwdriver, fasten the side walls (short sides) to the legs, as well as the front and back walls. Externally, the design will resemble a box. Please note that on the underside of the legs will be 5 cm longer than the boards. This is how it should be - this distance is provided for sufficient air to penetrate.
- On the side of the rear wall, a strap is screwed over the legs. After that, a lid is attached to the bar, which is attached to it with hinges.
- After you have fastened the cover, use a jigsaw to cut out a hole, the diameter of which fully corresponds to the diameter of the waste container.Do not leave the diameter of the tank, because this may cause some inconvenience when using the toilet,
- Place a waste container right under the hole. For a more comfortable use of it - place the seat from the toilet with a lid above the hole.
- The final stage of the construction of the dry closet will be grinding of all surfaces and their treatment with an antiseptic. Additional coating of wooden surfaces with varnish or protective emulsion will be able to extend the life of your design.
Video: peat biotoilet do it yourself A container with a peat mixture is placed near the toilet, in the same place you should keep a scoop or other devices for convenient sprinkling of peat sewage.
Now you know that every dacha lover can build a peat toilet. In addition, you will always have organic fertilizer at hand, which can significantly increase the quality of your crop.
What is a bio-toilet to give
The competition in the waste disposal market is huge. There are many models, technologies, manufacturers and companies involved in solving this problem. And for an ordinary person it is very difficult to determine this diversity. How to choose a model that is suitable for the price and will be convenient to use? To do this, take a closer look at what the technology consists of.
Peat toilet for giving - are two containers that are combined into one design. One of them is designed for solid waste, the second allows you to filter and remove liquid waste. For this, a drainage pipe is installed. No odor guaranteed by built-in ventilation. It is mounted directly into the sewer itself, and rises to a decent height.
The cost of maintaining this sewage system in the country is the lowest than that of competitors. You do not need a huge amount of special liquids and chemicals, carrying out additional communications. All that is needed is the installation of the toilet itself and the purchase of peat mixture. The only small difficulty that the owners of a dry closet has to face is cleaning it. But if you have a little skill, everything is done for a short period of time. If it is a mobile version, cleaning is done once every few weeks or more often, depending on convenience. And if a capital construction is established for the dacha, then the cleaning is carried out once or twice a year. In order not to waste time and effort, you can call professional experts or use a pump to pump sewage at home.
What to look for when choosing a peat biotoilet?
Despite the fact that the term “bio-toilet” is very widespread today, in reality, there are only a few toilets, including peat toilets. Why?
- First, it is in this type of toilet that the waste products after processing turn into fertilizer for the dacha. This happens not with the help of chemical ingredients, additional liquids, but only with the help of ordinary bacteria found in peat.
- Secondly, when choosing a toilet, you can advise models that are not divided into the sorting of liquid and solid waste. Despite the low price, this model will be no different from the usual bucket of waste, in which you will pour peat. Not only the efficiency of the system disappears, but the technology itself will not work, as it is based on the separation of liquid and solid wastes with the help of special drainage discharge.
- Thirdly, the bio-toilet that works on peat, is effective not only by the fertilizers obtained, but also by comfort during use. Unlike other models and technologies, peat with its bactericidal properties allows you to get rid of the smell.
- Fourth. When choosing a toilet, you need to pay attention to the number of people living.If there are few people living in the country, then it is possible to get along with a small tank and choose a compact version, if the family is large, then you need to look closely at the sewers with a huge tank and cleaning system.
Today, there are a huge number of toilets and autonomous sewage systems on the market, so every buyer chooses the option most suitable for their own needs. But if the installation is required at the dacha, and fertilizer is constantly used, the peat toilet can be called the undisputed favorite.
- When installing any device working with human waste human needs water, and this is the additional cost of connecting communications. In our case, this problem is missing. Water when using this type of toilet is not necessary.
- Compared with other biotoilets, peat toilet allows you to clean the tank less often than competitors.
- Waste from recycling not only does not pollute the environment, but also allows saving on fertilizer and benefits in the household.
- The price of the entire sewage system is lower than its competitors.
- From consumables only peat is required, and this is a good saving on the maintenance of the object.
- Almost complete lack of odors, thanks to the design and built-in ventilation.
- Installing a ventilation system can complicate construction work.
- Installing drainage creates additional problems when installing a toilet in the summer house. To work with the design requires qualified professionals.
- After installation, the toilet can not be rearranged to another location, if it is a capital structure. Read how to make a beautiful toilet cabin with your own hands.
- Compared to other competitors in the market, takes up more space.
Despite the presence of certain deficiencies, they can be attributed to the features of installation and they are quickly resolved by qualified personnel.
Place of application
Of course, the main place of use of peat toilets is cottages, country plots and other places where there are no benefits of civilization. And carrying out communications threatens huge expenses to the family budget. Many gardeners were convinced of the effectiveness of the peat system. But the use of this sewage system is not limited to dachas alone. Due to the fact that to complete the work does not need to connect external communications, these toilets are used in remote industries, mobile objects, on the distant parking of hunters, tourists or travelers.
How to choose a toilet is decided only by the buyer, but do not forget - a peat toilet, not only an excellent substitute for a street counterpart with a cesspool, it will turn living in the country into a comfortable rest. The dry closet on a peat basis will relieve you from all "delights" of a cesspool and living in the country without the central system of the sewerage.
If you find an error, please highlight a piece of text and click Ctrl + Enter.
First, about the advantages of peat biotoilet:
- do not need water when using peat dry closet,
- longer use between cleaning the tank,
- waste from it does not pollute the environment
- relatively low (from 4,000 rubles) the cost of buying the peat dry closet,
- low cost of consumables.
Now about the shortcomings:
- mandatory ventilation, that is, the installation is complicated,
- It is also necessary to drain the urine; drainage should be foreseen, which further complicates the installation of the peat biotoilet in the summer cottage itself,
- after installation you will not move it anywhere,
- larger sizes, relatively portable toilets.
By the way, there are (here is the engineering thought reached!) And folding versions of the peat-made dry closet. I think that we should not seriously consider them as an option for long-term use at the dacha, but for those who wish, here are:
- Folding stand for toilet seat,
- Seedka with waste separation device.
- Hose for disposal of liquid waste,
- Toilet paper 1 roll (!),
- Spade for dusting solid waste
- Gloves for maintenance of dry closets,
- Biodegradable bags for solid waste,
- Wipes for disinfection,
- Durable bag. )
To organize a comfortable latrine place in the country or a country site, located far from centralized engineering communications, it is not bad to build a beautiful wooden house, towering above a previously prepared cesspool. And you can rely on modern technology and get a compact, convenient to use and relatively inexpensive toilets.
Main types of dry closets for giving
The modern market offers you several types of dry closets:
- peat structures that are installed in places with good ventilation and can serve as an excellent alternative to the toilet. How to use peat dry closet? It uses peat as a filler, which eliminates unpleasant odors and over time turns sewage into good fertilizer for vegetable gardens and flower beds,
- electrical products requiring network connection
- chemical devices in which special preparations are used for processing sewage, produced in the form of liquids or powders.
No matter what type of design you choose, you need to know how to handle it. Therefore, we provide a detailed video instruction, as well as give a number of useful tips that will help to avoid unnecessary problems.
Liquid dry closets: design features
The most modern kind of closets that do not require connection to the sewage system and water supply system can be called today liquid products, which are already sold in finished form and do not require any effort to install, operate and maintain. Therefore, we will tell you how to use just such a dry closet.
Such designs are two containers of durable, resistant to aggressive effects and environmentally friendly plastic, mounted on each other. The bottom one is used to collect sewage and is equipped with a special valve that prevents the spread of unpleasant odors in the room. Also in many modern models of such closets a fill indicator is provided, indicating the need for tank maintenance.
Ordinary tap water or special flushing fluid is poured into the upper tank. It can be equipped with pumping equipment to automatically fill the tank from the tank or the water supply system. In order to completely eliminate unpleasant odors, the container is also supplied with a hermetically closed lid.
The whole structure looks compact and even aesthetically pleasing; it can be quite comfortable to use not only in any of the dacha premises, but also in nature, since the product is lightweight and does not create any problems in transportation.
How to use a bio-toilet
How to use the above-described dry closet to give? To ensure maximum comfort in operation and the absence of odors, you first need to perform such work:
- using a special locking lever, we divide the device into two parts,
- turn the tank to collect sewage so that the drain pipe was pointing up,
- pour a special disinfectant liquid in the opening of the pipe. It helps to fight unpleasant odors, effectively absorbs them and ensures perfect cleanliness in your toilet closet. The amount of liquid poured into the container must meet the requirements of the manufacturer,
- we assemble the structure, install a tank for tap water on the lower tank and snap the locking lever to prevent its displacement,
- pour disinfectant liquid into the drain tank. This procedure is optional, as you can use plain water.But the vast majority of manufacturers of toilets claim that with a special liquid, these devices work much longer.
Before using the toilet for its intended purpose, it is also necessary to pour a little disinfectant liquid directly into the bowl of the device. To do this, you can use either a pump or perform the procedure manually.
Service of dry closets of all types
Immediately after using the toilet, it is necessary to activate the flush. On some models of liquid devices there is an electric pump that supplies water under the necessary pressure, in others it is necessary to open a special valve. It is somewhat easier to work with peat constructions - it is enough to just pour a certain dose of peat that absorbs odors into a container with sewage.
The most unpleasant procedure is the cleaning of sewage tanks, which should be carried out immediately after filling the tank. A special indicator is often built into the liquid models, indicating that it is time to engage in maintenance. It is carried out in the following way:
- disconnect the lower capacity,
- place it on its side so that the drain pipe is directed strictly down,
- empty the container. If you use a liquid dry closet to give, you can use the button that opens the access of air and prevents spraying of the disinfectant solution,
- thoroughly wash the tank with clean water and install it in place.
How to properly store dry closet in winter
If you intend to use a compact device to give only in the summer season, tips on storing it in the winter will be useful to you. Any dry closet must be preserved for which the following actions are required:
- remove sewage and lower containers, as well as water, disinfecting solution or peat from the upper tank,
- thoroughly clean both tanks and dry them,
- to de-energize pumping equipment with which many models of modern dry closets are equipped,
- lubricate all joints of pipelines with oil in order to eliminate possible corrosion.
If you will operate the device during the winter period, conservation is not necessary. In order to prevent a dry closet from freezing in unheated rooms, it is possible to replace water or disinfectant liquid with antifreeze, which is highly resistant to any thermal effects.
The dry closet is an adaptation without which today it is difficult to present a comfortable country life.
The choice of an optimal dry closet that would justify the funds invested in it and, at the same time, did not require long-term cleaning and undue attention to itself - it is troublesome. We recommend to pay attention to peat bio-toilet for giving. What is its advantage?
Peat dry closet for giving
Peat for dry closets
The dry closet differs from the usual models in that in the compartment where the fluid is poured into the latter, in this type of toilet, finely ground peat is poured. The tank with peat has a handle, by rotating which the scattering of its constituent takes place. In order to get rid of the unpleasant smell of the contents of the toilet, after using it, it is necessary to twist the handle, because of which the peat will fall into the tank, thus removing all unpleasant odors.
Separately, it is worth noting the fact that peat has the ability to absorb the liquid part of human waste, the same part of the liquid that the peat did not contain, is transferred to the lower compartment of the toilet, equipped with a tray. A hose is drawn from this sump, which leads the excess liquid to the street in a cesspool.
That part of the waste, which has a solid base, is processed by special bacteria that inhabit the peat. At the end of this process, there remains a mixture, practically odorless, which may well be sent to the compost heap.The truth is to apply such waste to fertilizer can be no earlier than a year or even two.
The structure of the peat dry closet includes such structures:
- directly dry closet itself,
- drip tray
- a pipe needed for ventilation, made of plastic (usually about two meters long), or an exhaust fan.
Peat dry closet: everything about the autonomous system of waste disposal
Secondly, the hose for discharging liquid waste is located at a high level, which allows it to accumulate a large number of it, as a result of which an unpleasant smell may appear. The container filled with waste is rather difficult to carry onto the compost pile on its own, due to its large weight.
Peat toilet must be operated when the fan is running, especially if it is located directly in the country house. This is a stationary, not a mobile device, so transferring it to a new place can cause certain difficulties. Peat dry closet to give - A great solution for those who want to feel comfort in all circumstances.
The device of a country toilet - a design on examples
1. The choice of construction of a country toilet
2. Choosing a place to install the toilet
3. Construction of a classic toilet in the country
4. Arrangement of peat toilet in the country
5. Device country powder-closet
It is necessary to set up a toilet in the country due to the fact that people need somewhere to relieve themselves of natural need while staying at a country site. Usually outside the city limits there is no central sewage system and, therefore, the arrangement of the bathroom is indispensable. In addition, if you turn off the water supply, the presence of an outdoor toilet will be most welcome.
Of course, the summer cottage is not a complex structure and, if desired, every home craftsman can build it. To perform such work, you only need to improve the country house, a set of simple tools and building materials, and inexpensive ones.
Selection of construction of a country toilet
There are four main options how to equip the toilet in the country, depending on the type of construction: a bio-toilet, powder-closet, backlash-closet, a bathroom with a cesspool. The best solution for people living in the northern regions, is considered a backlash closet. It is a design that combines a classic and home toilet with the need for a sewage rake.
Since in the southern regions sewage rot faster, the arrangement of a traditional cabin on the street or the installation of a dry closet is considered relevant.
Usually they build a cottage toilet from planks, but they often choose another building material - brick, foam blocks, etc. Often the bathroom is used exclusively in the warm season, and for this reason, such a building does not need insulation. Considering this, it will be more practical to build a booth for a latrine with boards, sheet metal and slate, as well as other inexpensive, but durable and reliable materials.
Peat dry closet - the principle of work and device
In the peat bio-toilet in the part where the usual contains water, dry finely ground peat is poured. This tank has a device for spreading the substance, which is driven by a pen. After using the toilet, the handle must be turned, the peat will crumble on the surface, blocking the waste, which will significantly reduce the smell. Because of this peculiarity of work, the peat bio-toilet is also called powder-closet. Another name is composting toilets, since waste can be placed in a compost pit. True to this class include another kind of dry closets - electric, which dries the excrement.
The following name - dry dry closets. Again, the name is associated with the method of waste disposal - powdered dry peat. As a result of processing, the substance is also dry (or almost dry).
Peat is poured into the tank at the top.
Due to the high absorbency of peat, it absorbs part of the liquid component of the waste, and the rest is poured into a special pan at the bottom. From there, the liquid is discharged through a special drain hose. It is usually taken outside into a small pit.
The solid part of the waste is processed by bacteria contained in peat that decompose organic matter. After processing in the tank there is a mixture that is almost odorless. It can safely be poured onto a compost pile, that is, peat - an ideal bio-toilet for the dacha. But the waste should lie on the heap for at least a year, and better - a couple of years.
The structure of the peat dry closet
Since full processing takes time to eliminate the characteristic smell of waste, a pipe must be attached to the peat bio-toilet (there is an outlet, in some models, plastic pipes are included). If the thrust is natural, the pipe is only straight, without knees and bends, at least 2 meters high. If desired (if the natural thrust is not enough), you can put an exhaust fan. Then the requirements for the pipe are not so rigid.
If you need a bio-toilet to the country - this is one of the best options - just a sea of pluses:
- The tank is filled slowly - for stays of 2-3 people, it is necessary to take out the tank once every 2-3 months.
- Peat consumption is small, it is inexpensive.
- Simple disposal - the tank can be emptied into a compost pile, the contents - a uniform brown mass, without a strong or specific smell. It is possible to level with a rake, the mass is quite loose, after a couple of weeks it is overgrown with grasses.
- There is no smell when the ventilation is working normally.
- It can be placed both in a separate toilet and in the house.
- Easy tolerates freezing (if the plastic is cold-resistant).
Peat bio-toilet for the dacha: this is how the device for spreading peat looks
In general, a very good choice. Usually both the hosts and neighbors are satisfied - there is no smell, problems with processing. But without the cons not to do.
The toilet consists of two tanks. The lower compartment is called the storage tank - waste goes there. It is located under the seat. This is a retractable packaging. Its volume is different - from 44 to 140 liters, but the most popular - from 110 to 140 liters. That's enough for 4 people.
The upper compartment is a tank for peat mixture. Water in the dry closet does not apply. The upper tank is equipped with a handle. After turning it, the peat mixture is poured into the storage tank.
The back wall is equipped with a ventilation pipe, which starts from the storage tank and is discharged up to 4 meters. The contents of the lower compartment is always hidden by special doors. They open when you use the toilet.
To choose a suitable peat toilet to give, it is necessary to understand the principle of its work. The waste enters the storage tank, and then it is peppered.
This is done very simply: you need to turn the knob on the upper container in one direction - the mixture will fall out on one side, and then in the other direction - the mixture will fall out on the other side. Thus, the waste is evenly filled.
Beneficial bacteria process faeces into fertilizer. The mixture also absorbs liquid (urine). If only one person or the whole family uses the bio-toilet, but only on weekends, the mixture has time to recycle the substance. If you use it all the time, the peat is not able to process all the urine. For this there is a drainage and filter system. The fluid passes through the drainage into the lower compartment. There the urine is filtered and drained to the street with a hose. The hose is placed under the slope. You can drain the hose into the pit for compost.
This can be done in the following way - remove the sliding compartment from the toilet body and pour the contents into the compost pit.
After a few years, peat with waste is processed into environmentally friendly fertilizer.
Into a set of a dry closet enter pipes and collars.The ventilation pipe is installed vertically. Ventilation also contributes to the weathering of excess urine. Do not forget to take care of ventilation.
If the toilet is used no more than 20 times a day, then the ventilation is equipped with a hose with a diameter of 40 mm and ordinary traction is used.
If up to 60 visits occur per day, two hoses of 40 mm and 100 mm should be installed. Usual traction is used.
If the toilet is visited more than 60 times a day, you should equip the ventilation with two hoses. One 40 mm diameter hose provides natural traction. The second - 100 mm - with forced ventilation.
Popular models of peat toilets
If we talk about domestic producers, the most affordable models of peat toilets are produced in St. Petersburg. The Tandem company makes peat dry closets Compact. There are they in different versions, with different options and prices.
Another Russian producer of peat biotoilets is the PitEco campaign. Their range is 7 models of different sizes, made of different materials (polypropylene, acryl, low pressure polyethylene). Each model can be additionally equipped with a fan, which is placed in the exhaust pipe.
There are also imported peat biotoilets on the market. The most popular products of the Finnish company called Biolan (Biolan). Products are of high quality, thoughtful design and functionality.
Another well-known producer of peat toilets is the Finnish company Kekkilä Group, which manufactures products under the Ekomatic brand (Ekomatic). There are cheap, low-end models that are positioned as dry closets for summer cottages, there are very expensive options that have an interesting design.
Liquid (chemical) dry close - device, pros, cons
This type of dry closets uses special liquids for recycling. In the design there are two tanks into which the concentrate diluted to a certain state is poured. In the lower part of the pour liquid that processes waste, in the upper - with a deodorizing effect. Processing fluids are of different types:
- Based on formaldehyde (red). When using liquids of this type, waste can be poured only into the sewage system - they are toxic.
- With bioactive bacteria (green). This type of waste can be carried even into a compost pile, but it must be recycled for a long time (at least three years).
Method of using liquid dry closet
The device is operational only if the indicated liquids are present. The speed of their consumption depends on the intensity of use. On average, refueling is required every 5-7 days.
The chemical dry closet consists of several parts which easily are separated. The upper part is the seat and the container to which the flavor is added. Behind the right side of the lid of this compartment is the start button of the pump, on the left, the water inlet hole.
What does a chemical (liquid) bio-toilet consist of?
The processing concentrate diluted with water is poured into the lower reservoir. At the bottom is a waste collection box. The capacity of this tank is from 12 to 24 liters. In order to be able to monitor the degree of filling of this tank there are models with indication of occupancy. As the fill color changes from green to red. In those tanks where there is no such indicator, a strip of transparent plastic is often embedded. So that you can visually monitor the level of waste.
All parts are interconnected by special locks that securely lock them in place. To make the waste easier, a handle is attached to the lower container. To drain the waste in some capacity there is a pipe. It is screwed to the inlet if necessary. In general, it is stored in a specially designated place.
Some models have an integrated pressure valve in the feces tank.It is needed in order to empty the container was easier. But there is one drawback to this - there are cases when leaks begin at the point of attachment of this valve. Carry the capacity by the handle then fails, it is necessary - in front of him in his arms. Totally uncomfortable.
Flush pump can be manual or electric. When using electric it is not possible to regulate the amount of water supplied - it is always the same. Because of what the tank is filled faster. The device works on batteries, which must be periodically changed.
Types of pumps for liquid dry closets
Manual pumps are bellows and piston. By pressing with a different force on the piston, you can adjust the amount of water supplied.
Preparation for work and operation
Operation of a liquid dry closet simple, but demands continuous attention. It is necessary to control the presence of liquid, the level of filling of the tank for waste. Take out and dispose of waste occur quite often. Capacity for 12 liters for 2-3 people is filled in 2-3 days. If there are more people, you have to endure every other day, and sometimes - every day. Not very convenient, although much more convenient than using a bucket.
Liquid toilet disassembled
The procedure for preparing a liquid dry closet to work is as follows:
- Press the button to detach the upper part.
- Pour the appropriate solution into the container.
- Put the containers back in place, lock them up.
Everything, a dry closet is ready for operation. After each use must be washed off. A portion of the liquid is small, but it is enough to clean the drain. The mechanism is as follows: use the toilet for its intended purpose, open the valve, the waste falls into the container with the processing liquid. Wash off with water and flavoring, using a brush if necessary. Valve close. So that there is no smell at all from the liquid dry closet, it is necessary to ensure that there is always some liquid on the valve (about 1 cm thick). This fluid works like a water lock, cutting off possible odors.
To make it easier to remove waste on the tank should be wheels
After each emptying it is necessary to wash the container, filling it with a new portion should be loosened in order to wash all the walls. After that, the processing will go more fully.
This dry closet for giving - mobile option. It fits in the trunk of the car, which is convenient. There really is an unpleasant moment: if the cottage is a periodic visit, it is impossible to leave the tank with liquid in an unheated room. Freezing can damage the walls. Some for the winter to the liquid for processing add non-toxic antifreeze (polypropylene glycol). Bacteria in such an environment are unlikely to survive, and for ammonium and formaldehyde, the yield is not bad. Only to dispose of such waste must be in the sewer.
What is a peat toilet to give
Work of a peat dry closet is based on the principles of a mineralization of waste. Due to the presence of biologically active components in peat, human waste products are processed into compost. If the peat toilet device is not included in your plans with your own hands, you can purchase a finished product that is convenient and easy to use.
Since peat has some bactericidal properties, it not only decomposes waste, but also eliminates odors. The natural filler absorbs excess liquid. Cleaning of the storage tank is carried out 1 time for two months.
For operation and maintenance of such a device does not need water, sewage and electricity. The resulting compost mixture can be used at the dacha as a fertilizer. It is quite simple to take care of the toilet - you need to periodically clean the storage tank and fill up the peat. For cleansing use a soap solution.
What peat toilet to choose to give
When choosing a composting toilet, pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Dimensions of the product must comply with the space provided for installation. Pay special attention to the height of the stool and take into account the needs of all family members.
- The cleaning frequency depends on the volume of the storage tank. It is important to consider the number of people who will use the product, the frequency of use and the desired regularity of cleaning.
- Especially convenient models with a fill sensor. This option allows you to set exactly when the system needs cleaning.
- Load on seat Usually, finished models are designed for loads up to 125 kg, but there are products that can withstand a weight of up to 250 kg.
Consider some popular varieties of ready-made peat devices.
This is a Finnish peat toilet with a large storage tank. In the model, a mixture of peat and sawdust is used as a filler. Also on sale is a model Ekomatik domestic production. It has all the advantages of the Finnish product. In addition, the domestic model is equipped with a thermo-seat, which increases the comfort of operating the device in the winter season. The price of a dry closet Ekomatik is within $ 250-350.
Russian-made peat toilet does not need to be connected to the water supply or sewerage network. The compost tank has special flaps that facilitate its unloading. Also, the model has a special filtration system. The price of this product ranges from 91.7-116.7 dollars.
This is another model of domestic manufacture. The device has two chambers (for liquid and solid waste). Features of bio-toilets Biolan in an improved drainage system. These are quite expensive modifications, the price of which is between $ 300- $ 325.
How to install a peat toilet in the country
Installing peat toilet in the country with their own hands is performed in the following sequence:
- First, a wooden box is made, in which a plastic storage container will be installed later. The dimensions of the box should be slightly larger than the size of the storage tank. Wooden boxes, plywood and screws are used to make the box. Plastic container size you can buy in the store.
- A plywood sheet with a hole under the plastic bucket is mounted on top of the box. The cover with a hole is screwed on metal hinges so that it can be opened if necessary.
- A wooden box is opened with varnish or painted with paint. Such a coating will make the design washable and hygienic, protects against microorganism damage.
- A plastic or wooden toilet seat is attached on top of the cover. It is selected by the size of the hole.
- At the bottom of the plastic tank, a small hole is made in which the tube for sealing the liquid is sealed. To prevent clogging of the drainage line at the entrance to the tube is installed strainer.
- After that, the box is installed in a suitable room with ventilation. They put a plastic bucket in it and close the lid with the toilet seat. At the bottom of the bucket pour 5 cm of peat. For the season you will need about a bag of peat (the exact amount depends on the number of family members and the frequency of use).
If there is high humidity in the tank and the toilet itself, the tank should be cleaned more often or the drainage system should be changed. Check the drain angle, it should be at least 6-8 °.
Ready mixes for peat toilets
For the operation of such a device, special mixtures for peat toilets are used:
- The cheapest option is the usual peat, which, after processing waste, allows to obtain fertilizer for the garden. Only dry peat is suitable for use.
- Peat-based bioactivators are more active.
- Also, as a filler, a mixture of sawdust and peat is used. Usually the ingredients are mixed in a ratio of 1 to 1.However, when using such a composition, the volume of the storage tank should be increased to 50 liters, because the process of recycling will be slower.
Important! It is forbidden to add ash and lime to peat.
Toilet Care Rules
Care peat toilets quite simple. The bottom tank needs to be cleaned as it is filled. To do this, it is disconnected from the upper hull and transferred to the compost pit. If the design is equipped with a rotary drain pipe, the tank is easily emptied. After that the container is rinsed with water and detergent.
Important! It is better to use special detergents containing active ingredients that quickly decompose organic compounds and eliminate unpleasant odors. They are well remove even the old pollution and ingrained odors.
For care of a dry closet in winter time use special nonfreezing liquid. It washes well semi-liquid and solid waste even at -35 ° C. In the warm season, these fluids can be used for waste treatment.
Regularly check how effectively gaseous vapors evaporate. Often, insects clog the grid of the ventilation line, so it must be periodically cleaned. To clear the accumulative tank from larvae and insects, it is emptied, washed and disinsected using a special liquid. For greater efficiency, this procedure should be repeated several times during the week.
Choosing a place to install the toilet
Before you build a toilet in the country, you must determine its location. The current sanitary standards stipulate that the distance between the well with drinking water and the toilet should be at least 25 meters, and between the apartment building and the bathroom on the street - not less than 15 meters.
When the plot is sloping or uneven, the toilet should be installed in a dacha (read more: “Installing a toilet in a dacha — options and examples of construction”). At the same time it is desirable to isolate the cesspool well so that human waste does not mix with groundwater and cause irreparable damage to closely located water bodies. If groundwater lies at a depth of just three meters from the surface of the site, then it is advisable to equip a modern bio-toilet or peat-powder closet.
Construction of a classic toilet in the country
For the construction of a toilet in the country with the use of economical materials it is necessary to prepare:
- three-meter timber 100x100 millimeters,
- nails and screws,
- slate sheet (to create a roof),
- polyfoam (if warming is required).
From the working tools you will need:
- building level.
In order for the device of the dacha toilet to be of high quality, a drawing of the dacha toilet and construction are necessary. According to the project of the bathroom and sanitary standards, they dig and isolate the cesspool.
The sequence of work during the construction of a conventional toilet, such as a photo, is as follows:
- the framework is erected from the bars, it is lowered into the ground by a meter and concreted, then sheathed with boards, according to the country toilet scheme,
- a sloping roof is placed on top, and inside the cubicle there is a podium with a hole and a fastener for mounting the seat.
Arrangement of peat toilet in the country
The dacha peat toilet device differs from the classical version in the absence of a cesspool. It is equipped with a reservoir in which impurities are collected and periodically removed. If the number of family members does not exceed three people, use a capacity of about 700 liters. It can be placed in an excavated pit and removed as it is filled.
As a solvent for composting toilet, they use peat, one kilogram of which is capable of processing up to 10 liters of human waste, turning it into fertilizer.Meanwhile, it is permitted to use preparations intended for septic tanks in cesspools (read: “Toilet in the country with a cesspool: making your own hands”).
The design of the peat-type suburban toilet is similar to that of a usual closet. First, build a frame, and then they nailed the board.
When using new toilets that look like plastic toilet bowls, it is not necessary to construct a booth.
Such a closet is usually installed in the extension to the country house. In this case, a special reagent is used as a solvent. Sewage is allowed only in the sewer.
Device of country powder closet
Arrangement of this type of country toilets as powder-closet can be done anywhere in the area. Its design does not imply the presence of a cesspool - instead of it, an airtight container is installed, which is emptied as it is filled with sewage. For this reason, there is no danger of contamination of soil and groundwater. This means that there is no need to adhere to the 25-meter distance from the source of drinking water when building the toilet.
Powder-closet may have different sizes. In the back of the frame, holes are created for cleaning and ventilation (more: “Ventilation of the dacha toilet, do it yourself”). In the booth placed box filled with backfill, which may be peat, ash, sawdust. They powder sewage every time after visiting the toilet.
Are there any disadvantages
Peat bio-toilet has its drawbacks. Along with it is installed drain and ventilation, so it should be placed outside the house. If you have run out of filler, you should not immediately run after the usual peat, because for this dry closet you should buy a special mixture. These are all the negative aspects that the peat bio toilet has.