If you have long wondered whether in hot weather the window leaves of the greenhouse can open by themselves, then it is worth considering a thermal drive for greenhouses.
Doing such a construction with your own hands is quite simple.
This device allows you to leave the garden for a week, without worrying about the need to air seedlings on hot days.
Some home masters express a negative opinion about the thermal drive due to its sensitivity.
Therefore, they are trying to use the drive, which opens the transom itself in a matter of seconds, as soon as the temperature begins to change.
However, this method is suitable only for those who are “on you” with electronics. Many masters claim that the technological level of hydraulics is somewhat higher than that of electronics.
Thermal drive for greenhouses with your own hands it is possible to run from a cylinder from a computer chair.
This idea can be called very interesting, many gardeners have already managed to translate it into reality.
For the work will need a cylinder, on one side of which there is a steel rod, while on the other - a plastic rod.
Method of work
The end of the plastic rod must be held in a vice and pulled out. In the depths will be able to see the metal pin. In the vice, in the next step, you need to clamp an 8-mm rod so that it peeps 6 cm.
A cylinder should be installed on it, relieving it of pressure when pressed. The cylinder should be cut using an angle grinder, squeezing a steel rod.
It is important not to damage the sanded surface and the cuff on the cylinder itself.
If you decide to make a thermal drive for greenhouses with your own hands, then in the next step, after a couple of layers of canvas mittens, you need to clamp the rod and cut the threads on its ends. The cuffs are carefully removed using an angle grinder.
Inside the cylinder will be a sleeve that must be installed in place. The remaining components should be discarded, but the aluminum piston acts as an exception. Rings are removed from it.
All parts are washed in gasoline, this will remove metal chips.
If you decide to perform a thermal drive for greenhouses with your own hands, then you must install the stem in the inner sleeve and remove the end from the cylinder to prevent damage to the stuffing box. Now the thread should tighten the nut, which is required so that the rod does not fall into the cylinder.
The aluminum piston is inserted into the socket from the valve. Next comes a piece of pipe, at one end of which there must be a thread. The element must be welded to the cut side of the cylinder. Now the elongated nut should be screwed onto the stem threads.
It can be purchased on the market where they sell pipe clamps. Fork to strengthen the lever is screwed into the transom or strengthened to the window. After the system can be filled with oil, remove the air.
On this we can assume that you managed to make a thermal actuator for the greenhouse with your own hands.
Oil filling system
In order to carry out these works conveniently, it is necessary to make a plug at one end of the pipe, while a ball valve is installed at the other end. Next, you should prepare a liter plastic bottle, which will act as an expansion tank.
It is supplemented with a ball valve and L-shaped bend. The bottle should be squeezed slightly when filling with oil, this will prevent the creation of excessive pressure. In the compressed state, it twists, and then the valve closes, while the system is installed in place.
Reviews of summer residents
The manufactured thermal drive for greenhouses, the reviews of which are the most positive, must be lubricated in the stock area with technical oils every year.
Thermal drive, according to summer residents, is best located on the side that is at the opposite end of the opening opening.
Home masters note that the thermal actuator responds to changes in temperature with some delay.
Using a hydraulic cylinder for the manufacture of thermal drive
A thermal drive for greenhouses with your own hands (you can do the drawings yourself) is sometimes also made from an automobile hydraulic cylinder.
It should be drilled a hole to gas out, in the same thread is cut, which will attach the hose. It is best to borrow it from "Niva" or buy it in a car shop.
It should be strengthened with a bolt with a stud, which will allow to fix the hinge head to its place.
If you decide to perform a thermal drive for greenhouses, then in the next step you should take care of the availability of a receiver, which can be ordered from a turner or made by yourself.
In the next stage, the air is displaced, and the system is filled with oil. The cylinder rod must be completely drowned. The design after manufacture should be checked for tightness.
Features of the manufacture of thermal shock absorber
For the work, it is necessary to prepare two pieces of pipe, at the ends of which a thread should be cut.
In the middle, they are connected using a tee. Plumbing plugs should be installed at the ends.
Next comes the shock absorber from the "Niva", from which a pin is cut.
In the bottom it is necessary to make a hole, the diameter of which will be 8.5 mm. You also need a bolt for the brake hose, as well as a nut, the dimensions of which will be 10 x 1.25 mm. Bolt must be drilled through.
If you are making a thermal drive for greenhouses, then in the next step you should drill the plug in the center and insert a bolt from the inside by screwing in the nut. All parts are connected using paronite gaskets.
It remains only to unscrew the cap and pour oil.
Thermal drive for the greenhouse with their own hands, it makes sense to make. This design will cost less than the factory.
To do this, it may even not have to purchase additional parts, because all of them can be found in the garage or shed.
The thermal actuator acts as an autonomous mechanism that does not require human intervention and does not require electricity, which can be called undoubted advantages.
Thermal drive for greenhouses: characteristics and installation features
A modern thermal drive for greenhouses is a convenient ventilator. Thermal drives for greenhouse construction help ensure automatic ventilation in cases where the internal temperature is too high. The most effective and easy-to-use automatic device belongs to the category of autonomous equipment and does not require the use of an electrical network.
Modern thermal drive for greenhouses is a convenient ventilator, which is indispensable for obtaining a consistently high yield. Such equipment is quite easy to do with your own hands, and the process of airing and regular manual opening will no longer be a hassle.
The automatic version of the device called "Thermal drive for greenhouses" is designed to control the temperature inside the greenhouse structure.
The ventor performs this operation, necessary to maintain a high-quality microclimate, automatically, bypassing the manual opening.
In addition, numerous reviews allow us to evaluate such equipment as promising and most effective.
The standard set of thermal actuator assumes the presence of a closer or closing spring element, brackets, clamps, as well as fasteners in the form of self-tapping screws with drills
Principle of operation of the device
The thermal actuator for ventilation of the greenhouse performs the process of opening doors, window elements or air vents in conditions of changing temperature conditions to elevated levels. When the temperature is normalized, the ventilator is activated for closing.
The device is based on the crystallization of cyclohexanol in the melting process, which causes an increase in the volume of the chamber at a temperature above twenty-three degrees. At this stage, the stem is pushed out with the opening of a window or door.
The temperature index below the level plus twenty three degrees helps to reduce the volume of the chamber, which is occupied by crystallized liquid.
Under this condition, the rod is automatically moved into the working chamber, and the window or door closes.
Main technical characteristics
Technical indicators possessed by the standard ventilator allow you to install such equipment with your own hands.
Modern automatic system has a length of 33 to 44 centimeters. Stroke stroke does not exceed ten centimeters. Indicators of nominal effort, which is designed for the machine, is about 10 kgf.
The automatic ventilator easily opens the greenhouse window or door, regardless of the size of the opening.
Thermal drive can be operated at a temperature range of minus 40 to plus 60 degrees. The device is mounted with its own hands in a relatively short time.
Features self-installation and operation
The standard set of thermal actuator assumes the presence of a closer or closing spring element, brackets, clamps, as well as fasteners in the form of self-tapping screws with drills.
Technical indicators possessed by the standard ventilator, allow you to install such equipment with your own hands
Trouble-free and safe operation of the thermal actuator as a result of installation by hand suggests the observance of certain rules:
- Before installation it is required to check the automatic machine for the maximum force indicator, which should not exceed five 5 kgfs,
- for mounting the bracket, it is necessary to prepare the upper part of the opening, which will allow the rod to move freely up to ten centimeters,
- for mounting brackets used special screws,
- the automatic device must be located on the opposite side of the opening element,
- full opening of the window or door suggests maintaining the distance from the center of the supports to the spring element at the level of sixteen centimeters,
- fixing clamps is performed on automatic thermal actuator and spring element.
It should be noted that it is possible to protect the chrome-plated stem by means of a lower location of the thermal actuator and a return spring, which contributes to the unobstructed drainage of condensates. If you need to dismantle the latch with your own hands, you need to raise the locking spring element by three millimeters.
We offer you to read an article about infrared heaters for greenhouses.
The thermal actuator for ventilation of the greenhouse performs the process of opening doors, window elements or air vents in conditions of changing temperature conditions to elevated levels. When the temperature normalizes, the ventilator triggers closing
Advantages of the automatic ventilator
Standard greenhouse equipment involves some time and effort for maintenance.
However, a modern ventilator, installed by hand, helps minimize the effort to control the temperature regime inside the structure.
The equipment is characterized by a high level of reliability due to the use of a special hydraulic cylinder made of steel. This element helps to maintain pressure on the rod within 200 kilograms.
The high parameters of the strength of the mechanism, as well as significant resistance to wind load and mechanical stress, allow you to install a durable device.
The standard warranty period for such devices is at least ten years; however, in actual operation such equipment can be used much longer.
The presence of high-quality double cuff makes the working life of the greenhouse ventilator virtually limitless. In addition, the device does not need to be adjusted.
Thermal drive is best suited to maintain the microclimate, which is ideal for most greenhouse crops grown.
Thermal drive is best suited to maintain a microclimate that is ideal for most greenhouse crops grown.
The complete set of the device includes all the components and elements necessary for easy and convenient installation, which are perfectly suitable for mounting not only on the hinged windows, but also heavy frames or ordinary doors. For implementation come several options for such greenhouse equipment. Depending on the needs and the expected load during use, the installation can be performed:
- an improved device for performing automatic ventilation of the greenhouse structure,
- universal device mounted on any variant and type of opening structure,
- economical view of the device, installed to perform ventilation through ceiling vents.
You can also learn about the drip system of automatic irrigation in the greenhouse.
Homemade thermal drive for ventilation of the greenhouse (video)
Regardless of the category of installed equipment for greenhouse ventilation, all devices are characterized by a high degree of reliability and can significantly facilitate the maintenance of structures for growing agricultural products. In addition, the cost of thermostatic devices is quite affordable and affordable for most gardeners.
In order not to lose material, be sure to save it to your social network,, simply by clicking on the button below:
Thermal drive for greenhouses: examples of self-design
About how can by themselves in the heat to open the window in the greenhouse, did not hear except that lazy.
An excellent device - a thermal drive for greenhouses - allows you to leave everything for a week with a calm soul and not to take care on hot days: which of the households will be engaged in emergency ventilation of tender seedlings.
But why it is so rare to hear about the use or production of thermal drives for greenhouses? Everything is extremely simple - this is a kind of paradox: it’s worth tinkering with them once and making a more or less normal construction, and you can forget about airing in general. Because the thermal actuator is amazingly reliable and functional device, it is manufactured, installed once and again - and I don’t remember about it anymore!
Why is thermal actuator better than electronics?
But some summer residents are not satisfied with the sensitivity of the thermal drive, working on oil.
And because they use a homemade electric drive - it can open the transom for 20 seconds after changing the temperature. But this method is only suitable for those who are really “on you” with an electrician.
In addition, many masters are confident that the technological level of hydraulics is much higher than that of electronics.
Of course, the inertia in the operation of a thermal drive is quite a natural thing. But if the oil is heated for too long - this can have fatal consequences for the crop. Therefore, the smaller the fluid column, the better.
Remember only one thing: do not stop at cheap models or too primitive devices. If one day they simply do not work and the window does not open in the heat, your plants may get stung and the months of work will be in vain.
Also in the use of unverified openers there is another cunning minus. Have you noticed that you need some time until the oil in the thermal drive warms up? But this is a few valuable minutes, until the heat has already started in the greenhouse, the plants are suffering, but the window leaf has not yet been opened.
So, if you purchased a device of high quality or correctly made with your own hands - it really will cost a few minutes, otherwise everything may not end very well. So let's learn how to make such amazing fixtures correctly and “for centuries”.
Thermal drive from the cylinder from the computer chair
Quite an interesting idea that many gardeners have successfully implemented.
So, we need a lift cylinder from a computer chair. On the one hand - a steel rod, on the other - a plastic rod from the valve. Everything should be done like this:
- Clamp the end of the plastic rod in a vice and forcefully pull it out. In the depth you will see a metal valve pin.
- Now, in a vise, clamp some rod 8 mm in diameter so that it is looking at 6 cm. Insert a cylinder on it and, when pressed, the cylinder will relieve pressure.
- Grind cylinder grinder with a taper.
- We extrude a steel rod from the cylinder - it is only important not to damage its polished surface and the rubber cuff on the cylinder itself.
- After two layers of canvas mittens, hold the stem in a vice and at the end cut the M8 thread. Cuffs after that carefully remove the grinder.
- Inside the cylinder you will see the inner sleeve - it must be put in place. All other parts, except for the aluminum piston, must be discarded. With it you need to remove the rubber rings.
- Wash all the parts in gasoline to get rid of metal chips.
- Insert the stem into the inner sleeve and carefully remove its end from the cylinder to avoid damaging the oil seal.
- We screw the M8 nut onto the threads - this is necessary so that the rod does not fall into the cylinder during its operation.
- Insert the aluminum piston - the socket from the valve.
- We take a piece of pipe with thread on one side and weld it to the cut side of the cylinder as tightly as possible.
- We thread the elongated nut M8 to the stem thread - it can be found on the market, where usually pipe clamps are sold.
- Screw the plug to connect to the control levers of the transoms or just to the window leaf - as you will have.
- Fill the system with engine oil and remove the air.
Now your thermal drive is ready to go!
And in order to fill the whole system with oil conveniently, at one end of a horizontal pipe, make a plug, at the other - a ball valve, a l-shaped bend and a plastic one-liter bottle from the water as an expansion tank.
When pouring oil, the bottle will need to be compressed slightly so that no excessive pressure is created in it. Compress it and tighten, then close the valve and put the system in place.
We make a thermal actuator from the hydraulic cylinder from the car
The hydraulic cylinder from the car - gas, and therefore requires some refinement.
- We drill into the hole and release the gas.
- We cut in the same thread 10x1.25 to attach the hose - it is better to take a long brake for the "Niva", which can be found in any auto shop. Fasten it with a bolt with an M6 stud on the head - the same as it was at the bottom of the cylinder. This is necessary in order to secure the hinge head to its original place.
- We make ourselves or order a receiver for thermal actuator from Turner.
- We force out the air and fill it with oil. The cylinder rod at the temperature of the entire system must be fully recessed.
- We thoroughly check the tightness of the entire system.
If you do not know what a hydraulic cylinder is, then this video is for you:
Thermal drive from the gas shock absorber from the "Lada"
Here's how to make a good thermal drive for the greenhouse literally from what is at hand.
We take a two meter piece of pipe with parameters 3/4 ″, and at their ends we make the thread. We connect them in the middle through a tee, having adapted standard plumbing plugs at the ends.
We purchase a gas shock absorber from the "Niva" and saw off the bottom pin. In the bottom we drill a hole of 8.5 mm in diameter and cut the thread M10З1.23.
In the same car shop we buy a bolt for a brake hose from Zhiguli and a nut with parameters 10x1.25. The bolt is now with a hole in the center - we drill through it.
We drill the plumbing plug in the center with a 10-inch drill. From inside we insert a bolt into it, screw the nut and screw the rest of the bolt into the thread on the shock absorber. We connect all this through paronitovye gaskets.
Coupling rod and cylinder
Everything! If you have a plug with a female thread, then attach it to the tee with a clamp with a locknut. It remains now only to unscrew the cap from one end of the pipe and pour oil.
To do this, slide the stem into the lower position, cut the pipe vertically and release air from the shock absorber.
Further we twist a cap and we fix a design on the greenhouse.
In the upper frame of the vents we place emphasis on the rod - it is not necessary to fasten it to the frame itself, so that in case of anything you can open everything with your hands.
A self-made thermal drive is no worse than a store!
The last question remains: exactly where to locate the pipe reservoir of the thermal actuator? Of course, above the bed - the gardeners then even tie their cucumbers and tomatoes to it. That's all the difficulties!
Thermal drive for greenhouses: features and benefits of operation
Organic and eco-style life compels modern craftsmen to resort to the most comfortable arrangement of their land plots in order to develop more qualitative products.
Often, everything that is planted on the plot is used for itself, rarely among modern farmers with a small garden, they organize the cultivation of vegetables, fruits and berries on an industrial scale.
However, simple summer residents and gardeners have something to learn from professional farmers. For example, the automation of various processes in greenhouses.
All residents of apartment buildings are aware that it is only possible to get fresh vegetables in the winter or early spring in the store.
But those who have at their disposal at least a small piece of land, can personally arrange a vegetable feast during the cold weather and the poor harvest. For these purposes, greenhouses are often equipped in kitchen gardens.
Such household building can be made of various materials: from dense industrial film to heavy glass. The most popular today greenhouses made of polycarbonate.
The basic principle of the greenhouse is to create the most comfortable conditions for growing crops.
Several factors contribute to this.
- Maintain temperature. For the full functioning of the greenhouse inside should be at least 22-24 degrees Celsius.
- Optimum air humidity. This parameter is developed for each individual plant. But there is also a certain norm, which lies in the range from 88% to 96%.
- Ventilation. The last item is a combination of the previous two.
In order to normalize the necessary indicators of temperature and humidity in the greenhouse, it is necessary to arrange air baths for the plants. Of course, you can do it yourself.
In the morning - opening the doors or windows, and closing them in the evening. So they did before.
Today, agricultural technological progress has allowed inventing devices for automatic opening and closing of windows in greenhouses.
It should be understood that the standard methods of drafts for plants are unacceptable.
Too sharp temperature or humidity level can cause deterioration of the culture and its death.
If in film greenhouses there is a variant of self-ventilation (due to the lack of tightness of such structures), then glass and polycarbonate buildings very much need automatic ventilation.
In addition to monitoring these indicators, there is also a risk of developing pathogenic bacteria and microorganisms.negatively affecting the growth of fruits and vegetables.
Many insects also prefer warm and humid places for their dislocation. Periodic air baths in greenhouses will bring them discomfort.
Thus, no one encroaches on your future harvest.
In order not to worry and not to run every half hour or hour to the greenhouse, checking all indicators, experts in the field of agriculture advise to acquire and install thermal actuators. What is it and how it works, we will understand further.
In fact, the thermal actuator is an automatic closer, which is driven by increasing the temperature in the room. Relatively speaking, when the plants get too hot, the window opens.
This auto ventilator has a number of nice benefits.
- There is no need for constant monitoring of the temperature in the greenhouse.
- For his work there is no need to conduct electricity.
- You can buy a thermal drive in many gardening stores and departments of building hypermarkets at an affordable price. You can also make it yourself from practically available tools.
Before proceeding to the choice of a particular automation for ventilation of the greenhouse, pay attention to the features of installation and use of this tool.
The first and basic rule is to pay attention to the fact that the effort to open and close windows and doors should not exceed 5 kg.
The second nuance is the selection of the required place where the ventilator will be located. Since it consists of two parts and has two fasteners, one of them must be attached to the wall of the greenhouse, and the second to the window or door. In this case, you need to check how convenient and easy it will be to mount one of the fixtures on the wall of the structure. The third feature of greenhouse thermal actuators is that the internal cavity of the working cylinder is always filled with liquid. This circumstance and controls the opening and closing of windows and doors. Therefore, manufacturers do not advise to disassemble the design of the device, so as not to harm. Full functioning is possible only if there is a certain amount of liquid. Pleasant is the fact that self-opening windows and doors can be applied to any design: from standard film to solid polycarbonate structures. Even in a dome-type greenhouse, an automatic thermal actuator will be appropriate. Regardless of what type of thermal drive is used, its main function is auto-ventilation in case the temperature exceeds the maximum allowable threshold. When this indicator decreases and becomes optimal, the drive is activated when the window or door is closed. There are only two main working devices in the thermal drive: temperature sensor and the mechanism that drives it. The design and location of these components can be very diverse. Also, this device can be equipped with closers and special locks, which ensures tight closure. Machines for doors and vents in the greenhouse are usually divided into types according to the mechanism of action.
Since it consists of two parts and has two fasteners, one of them must be attached to the wall of the greenhouse, and the second to the window or door.
In this case, you need to check how convenient and easy it will be to mount one of the fixtures on the wall of the structure.
The third feature of greenhouse thermal actuators is that the internal cavity of the working cylinder is always filled with liquid.
This circumstance and controls the opening and closing of windows and doors. Therefore, manufacturers do not advise to disassemble the design of the device, so as not to harm.
Full functioning is possible only if there is a certain amount of liquid.
Pleasant is the fact that self-opening windows and doors can be applied to any design: from standard film to solid polycarbonate structures. Even in a dome-type greenhouse, an automatic thermal actuator will be appropriate.
Regardless of what type of thermal drive is used, its main function is auto-ventilation in case the temperature exceeds the maximum allowable threshold. When this indicator decreases and becomes optimal, the drive is activated when the window or door is closed.
There are only two main working devices in the thermal drive: temperature sensor and the mechanism that drives it.
The design and location of these components can be very diverse.
Also, this device can be equipped with closers and special locks, which ensures tight closure.
Machines for doors and vents in the greenhouse are usually divided into types according to the mechanism of action.
Very good reviews today receive domestic thermal drives of various kinds.
Install at least one of them is not difficult even for a person who does not understand anything about it.
And the pleasant cost of systems for automatic airing of greenhouse structures pleases both the eye and the budget owners' wallet.
If you decide to make a thermal drive yourself, use the step-by-step instructions for this process. It is necessary to make not only efforts, but also diligence and maximum attention to all the details in order to achieve the desired result.
Plus creating a thermal drive with your own hands is the possibility of using scrap materials. It is enough to prepare all the necessary details for this.
An office chair is a very convenient and simple tool for making an auto-thermopod. How often, while working at a computer, did you raise, then lower the seat to the required level? This was possible thanks to gas lift. Sometimes it is also called lifting cylinder.
To make a thermal drive for the greenhouse with your own hands from this part of the office chair, perform such manipulations with it.
- The cylinder consists of two elements: plastic and steel rods. The first stage of work is to get rid of the plastic body, leaving only the second, more durable.
- Putting the spare part from the main piece of office furniture to the side, pick up a metal rod with a diameter of 8 mm. Fix the part in a vice so that a piece of about 6 cm is left on top.
- Tighten the prepared cylinder on this rod and push as hard as possible so that all the air escapes from the latter.
- Cut a part of the cylinder with a tapered end and squeeze a steel rod through the hole. Try not to damage the smooth surface and the rubber band.
- At the end of the stem it is necessary to make a thread that will fit under the M8 nut.
- Now the extruded sleeve can be returned to its place, observing caution and protecting the aluminum piston.
- The steel rod is inserted into the inner sleeve and pulled out from the back of the cylinder.
- So that the piston does not move, it does not fall inside the cylinder during operation, screw the M8 nut onto the prepared thread.
- Insert the aluminum piston into the valve seat. Weld the steel tube to the cut end of the cylinder.
- Attach the resulting mechanism to the window control unit.
- Release all the air from the system and fill it with oil (can be machine).
Thermal drive for the greenhouse of the parts of the office chair is ready for use. It will only check the device in practice and use it.
Of course, the manufacture of such structures with his own hand is a very laborious process. But the result of hard work and care will exceed all expectations.
Another available tool for creating an automatic greenhouse ventilation system is a conventional car shock absorber.
The main active ingredient here will also be motor oil, which reacts very subtly to minor temperature drops, which makes the whole mechanism work.
The thermal drive for the greenhouse from the shock absorber is performed in a specific sequence.
- Prepare the necessary materials: gas spring shock absorber car, two cranes, metal tube.
- Near the vent, the opening and closing of which is planned to automate, install the shock absorber rod.
- The third step is to prepare the pipe for engine oil. Attach a valve to one end of the pipe for the input of engine fluid, to the other - the same design, but to drain it and change the pressure in the system.
- Cut the bottom of the gas spring and connect it to the oil tube.
Thermal drive from the parts of the automotive shock absorber is ready for operation. Watch the oil level in the tube to avoid incorrect operation of the system.
After talking with professionals, digging in their unnecessary parts in the garage or shed, you will find a large number of parts needed to create your own design of thermal drives. If the installation of finished products is carried out as quickly and simply as possible, then even making a hand-made mechanism with a door closer or lock will not be difficult for you.
After putting the system into action, it is necessary to take care of it, so that it also justifies its peculiarity in terms of the durability of the mechanism.
Thermal drives for greenhouses are very unpretentious in the care. They need periodic lubrication of the moving elements, control of the fluid level, changes in the physical parameters of which drives automatic systems.
Also, if you do not plan to use the greenhouse in the winter season, experts recommend removing thermal actuators from windows and doors in order to prolong their service life.
Today the market has a wide range of domestic thermal drives for greenhouses. Feedback about them is ambiguous. Some buyers complain about the high cost of the automatic discoverer of a plain construction (about 2000 rubles apiece).
Among the advantages, consumers emit, of course, the automation of the process of ventilation of the greenhouse structure, but at the same time they rejoice at the possibility of manually opening / closing the greenhouse if necessary.
Reviews on the installation of thermal actuators are present in small quantities.
For example, buyers focus on the fact that the installation of most of them on the wall of the greenhouse is necessary. I.e.
Standard polycarbonate “wall” is not able to withstand one of the parts of the thermal drive. To do this, it must be strengthened, for example, with a sheet of plywood, a board or a galvanized profile.
The rest of the modern farmers are pleased with this purchase and happily share their impressions of the mechanism that automates their efforts to grow high-quality agricultural plants.
How to make a thermal drive for the greenhouse with your own hands, see the video below.
Greenhouse with automatic ventilation
Creating a comfortable atmosphere in the greenhouse provides its owner with an excellent result in the form of a healthy and abundant crop.
An important factor in this process is the ventilation of the greenhouse. Due to its correct setting, the process can be reduced to maximum automation.
However, one should not neglect the natural methods of ventilating this room.
Is there a need for a procedure
Before you install automatic ventilation of the greenhouse, you need to know why it is needed. After all, it depends on the correctness of installation. There are two main reasons:
During the use of greenhouses, heat is accumulated inside them, but growing crops requires stricter conditions for temperature balance, the yield of all plants, the taste of the products, and other important characteristics depend on it. It can be considered ideal conditions when the temperature inside practically does not exceed 38-400С. On some days, the airing of greenhouses should be combined with a slight shading from excessive sunlight. It is also allowed to install electric fans to ensure the movement of air masses. For more information on how to reduce the temperature in a polycarbonate greenhouse, you can learn in our article.
VIDEO: Automation of greenhouse ventilation
- Certain plant species need to respect individual climatic conditions.
It’s not always possible to provide them manually around the clock, so automatic ventilation of greenhouses is used. They are able to provide air inflow / outflow for a greenhouse under given conditions. In some cases, this is combined with control of humidity and temperature.
Modern greenhouses with automatic ventilation can be divided into two major categories:
- dependent on the power supply,
- using autonomous, independent mechanisms.
The first group uses a 220V connection to household networks, less often it is possible to meet operation using electric batteries or with solar panels.
For robotic models, the basic element is a thermal switch, configured to work in a certain temperature range. With it, run workflows.
The rotation of the electric fans, supplying fresh air inside is ensured. Any convenient algorithms are used.
The automatic greenhouses connected to the power grid have their positive qualities:
- it is easy to connect equipment of any power to work in the required conditions,
- air inflow / outflow is triggered by parameters having a high degree of accuracy or at a clearly specified time,
- The automatic ventilation system for greenhouses has compact dimensions and is capable of rapid technological change or retuning.
It should be noted, and the disadvantages of energy-dependent greenhouses:
- interruptions in power supply can negatively affect plants, in such a situation a mandatory backup power system, for example, from batteries, is required
- failure of individual elements entails the replacement of a large module or unit, and has a high cost.
An excellent alternative are installations with a hydraulic cylinder made of a shock absorber, made by hand, or the connection of an electric drive to a window leaf for a greenhouse. In such schemes there are a large number of plastics, which is justified for large greenhouses.
The second group with an autonomous work scheme does not need electricity supply. This automatic opening of the greenhouse can be installed even at the cottage, away from sockets, saving on the supply of wires.
The basis for this automatic ventilation of the greenhouse is a thermal actuator. Due to the unique quality of some materials, it is possible to assemble autonomous mechanisms independent of electricity during temperature fluctuations to change their properties.
There are three types of such devices:
Engineers didn’t come up with an ideal design, so each automatic ventilation system for a greenhouse with a thermal drive, made by hand or bought in a specialized store, has advantages and disadvantages.
Hydraulics and bimetallic element
A high degree of reliability is inherent in hydraulic systems. They are based on the work of the hydraulic cylinder, taken from any unnecessary mechanism.
It is easy to dismantle the base hydraulic cylinder for the greenhouse from a broken computer chair, from an old car or from a different mechanism.
In some cases, you can make a hydraulic cylinder with your own hands.
Assembling the finish design is easy and even available to inexperienced specialists in this field. The main thing is to carefully install the sensors and levers that will be connected with the opening window for the greenhouse.
The basic principle of operation is that during the change of force on one of the levers, it is tilted. Due to this load transom opens.
After cooling the air in the room, the second shoulder rises, which causes the window to close. The force is formed by a hydraulic cylinder, which acts as the main pusher.
The arms of the lever are containers connected by a flexible hose.
VIDEO: How to make a hydraulic cylinder
The operation of the hydraulic cylinder at a clearly marked time ensures the opening / closing of the vents. The container inside is filled with air and sealed. It performs the functions of an independent thermometer in the system. The teams coming from her, led by the cylinder.
To use this design, you need to understand the principle of the mechanism. When the ambient air cools, its temperature will also drop inside the cavity.
A pressure drop will force some air into the hose. The outer tank will become lighter, so the hydraulic cylinder will return the spring to the counterweight.
The hydraulic cylinder does not require electricity or other sources of energy to run. Everything is managed independently with the help of scrap materials.
Lack of hydraulics
As well as any system, hydraulic, along with great advantages, has small “cons”:
- inconvenience in use for large areas
- With a sharp cooling of the atmosphere, hydraulics work more slowly, which can negatively affect plants.
In bimetallic systems, the working element expands with increasing temperature and shrinks with decreasing. This effect pushes the working stem of a cylinder or other element.
Making a thermal drive from the cylinder from the chair
Thermal drive for greenhouses with your own hands it is possible to run from a cylinder from a computer chair. This idea can be called very interesting, many gardeners have already managed to translate it into reality. For the work will need a cylinder, on one side of which there is a steel rod, while on the other - a plastic rod.
Automatic ventilation of the greenhouse: a thermal actuator with your own hands
If you have a greenhouse on your summer cottage, then much will depend on proper ventilation. Ventilation creates the most comfortable conditions for life for plants, regulates humidity and air temperature. If the air does not circulate in the greenhouse, the temperature will constantly rise or fall. In such conditions, no culture can grow and bear fruit. In this article we will tell about automatic ventilation of the greenhouse and how to make a thermal actuator with your own hands.
Advantages of using automatic airing
Many summer residents on their own experience were convinced of the advantage of automatic ventilation of the greenhouse. The technology works quite simple. The device is attached to the window or transom, which opens them as needed. Thanks to this system, you can greatly facilitate the work.
In the hot season, the automatic machine for greenhouses will drive out unnecessary heat, and in the winter, on the contrary, will close the transom, keeping it. This will simplify your work, since you will have to constantly monitor the temperature regime in the greenhouse. The advantage of using automatic ventilation is that too much cold or warm air will not get into the greenhouse, the system will regulate the temperature, close or open the vents. As a result, the plants will be grown in comfortable conditions and bring the expected yields.
What tool you need to work
The automatic machines for greenhouses are universal and suitable for airing all types of premises. The ventilator will not need to be activated; it will work automatically due to the expansion of the liquid as the temperature in the greenhouse rises. The maximum height at which the window will open is 45 cm. Withstands a load of 7 kg. The equipment is designed for one vent. Temperature range from +15 to + 25ºC. Automatic ventilators have an aesthetic appearance, compact dimensions, they are easy to operate.
Thermal drive do it yourself from the office (computer) chair
The office computer chair has a gas lift or lift cylinder that allows you to adjust the ride height automatically. To use such a detail to create a vending machine would be a good idea for a greenhouse.. First you need to pull out the plastic rod, it is necessary in order to gain access to the metal pin of the valve. After clamping a rod with a diameter of 8 mm in a vice, insert a cylinder into it, so you will get rid of pressure. Next, take the grinder and cut the cylinder together with the tapered part, then squeeze the steel rod. Take care not to damage the sanded surface and the rubber cuff.
To cut the thread M8, use a couple of layers of tarpaulin and clamp the rod in a vice. After this cuff can be cut grinder. The inner sleeve must be put in its place, and be sure to save the aluminum piston. All other parts will not be useful to you, you can throw them away. The rubber rings that are located on the piston mechanism should be removed and all parts should be washed with gasoline, since metal chips can remain on them.
Next, insert the rod into the inner sleeve and very carefully, without damaging the oil seal, remove its end from the cylinder. On the thread you need to screw the nut size M8, so that during operation the rod does not fall into the cylinder. After that, insert the aluminum piston into the socket from the valve, and a piece of pipe whose thread is on one side must be hermetically welded to the side of the cylinder that was previously cut.
Screw the M8 elongated nut onto the stem threads, and then screw the plug in to join the control window of the vent. After you need to remove the air that is in the system, and fill it with engine oil. To do this, you can take a liter plastic bottle: at one end make a plug, and at the other place a ball valve. Automatic machine for automatic ventilation of the greenhouse, made by hand, ready to work.
How to make a thermal drive from the automotive shock absorber
Quite often, automatic ventilation of the greenhouse can be collected from virtually nothing. The principle of such a device is a substance that reacts to heating and cooling by expansion and, accordingly, by contraction. In our case, automotive oil acts as a substance. In order to make a thermo drive from a car shock absorber with your own hands, we will need:
- automotive gas spring or automotive shock absorber piston
- two cranes
- metal pipe for oil.
Thus, using a conventional shock absorber, it turns out a good, self-made ventilation system for the greenhouse.
Thermal drive from the hydraulic cylinder of the car with your own hands
Since the hydraulic cylinder of the car works with the help of a special compressed gas, in order to make a thermal actuator for the greenhouse with your own hands, This item needs to be improved. First you need to drill a hole in the hydraulic cylinder and release the gas. In the same place cut a carving 10 * 1,25. It serves to connect the hose.
Using a stud and M6 bolt, connect it to the old place on the head. Now prepare the receiver. You can order it from a turner or do it yourself if you have special equipment and skills. After the air is displaced, fill the system with oil and check for tightness. The ventilation system of greenhouses from the hydraulic cylinder of the car is ready to work with your hands. When you make a thermal actuator, make sure that everything is neat, because the quality of the equipment will depend on your accuracy.
How to make automatic ventilation using plastic bottles
If you have a small greenhouse, then automatic ventilation using plastic bottles will suit you, especially since it is very easy to make. For work you will need:
- black film
- wooden plank,
- two plastic bottles, the capacity of one should be 5 liters, the second - 1 liter,
- thin meter PVC tube and two pipes.
That's all, the thermal drive for the automatic greenhouse is ready. To increase the effect of a five-liter bottle wrap black film and hang from the ceiling of your greenhouse, where the warm air rises. A liter attach next to the window. Then, nail one end of the wooden board to the transom, and fix the other over the liter bottle so that under the weight of the board it is wrinkled. When a large bottle is heated, the pressure in it increases, the air expands and the liter is transferred. She cracks down, while raising the platform, and she, in turn, pushes the frame out. The higher the temperature in the greenhouse, the higher the pressure in the bottle.
Benefits of using
The thermal drive has a number of advantages:
- There is no need to constantly monitor the temperature conditions inside the greenhouse in order to air it. The design will make the opening of the vents automatically,
- To make the device work you don’t need to use electricity
- You can buy a thermal drive almost everywhere for a low price. If possible, the device can be built with your own hands, for a couple of hours.
Features of use
- Before you install a thermal actuator, you should pay attention to a simple rule. The effort to open and close the vents and doors should not be more than 5 kgf.
- Also, before installing, you should choose the right place. As a rule, the top of the window or door is used. It is installed on it mount for thermal drive. The attachment should not interfere with the movement of the device.
- All brackets are mounted on screws using thermal washers.
- When installing on your own, please note that the device should be on the window, but on the other side of the opening.
- All locking elements must be installed on the thermal actuator spring. That it allows you to put into work the entire mechanism of opening and closing.
It should be remembered that the thermal actuator is not able to take into account strong temperature drops. His work will directly depend on how much fluid is in it and how it expands and contracts. It is recommended not to disassemble the mechanism, but from time to time to produce preventive lubrication of the stem. Lubricate the stock can be ordinary oil for a car engine.
Creating a thermal drive from the cylinder from the chair
Many chairs for working at the computer have a special lifting cylinder. This mechanism allows you to automatically adjust the height of the chair and landing at the computer. If to remove this detail from a chair, then it can become a basis for a thermal actuator. This idea and material is an excellent choice to make a mechanism with your own hands.
Instructions for creating:
- Initially, you need to dismantle the mechanism from the chair, and then get rid of the plastic rod, which closes the access to the valve pin. It is made of metal.
- Next, you should hold a 8 mm rod in a vice and put a cylinder in it. Such an action will get rid of the pressure that is in it.
- Next, you need to use the grinder and cut the cylinder together with the tapered part. Now you can squeeze the metal rod. It is very important not to damage the rubber pads and cuffs.
- The resulting stock must be put in a vice, pre-wrapped with a tarpaulin, so as not to damage its base. Having inserted a rod, it is necessary to make a thread on it with an M8 thread. Only then can you get rid of the cuff.
- Insert the inner sleeve back, but you do not need to throw away the aluminum piston, it is still useful. The remaining parts can be thrown away.
- It is necessary to remove the rubber rings that are on the mechanism. Next, you will need to wash all the parts with gasoline. This will clear the parts of possible metal chips.
- Now you need to insert the stem into the liner and remove its end from the cylinder itself. The procedure should be done carefully so as not to damage the oil seal.
- To prevent the stem from failing during automatic operation in the cylinder, it is recommended to put a nut of the appropriate size on the thread.
- You will need to use a previously deferred aluminum piston. It must be installed in the valve seat. Taking a small piece of pipe, threaded, on the one hand, you should install it to the side of the cylinder, which was previously cut off. It is necessary to fix it by welding, it is better to make the seam as tight as possible, if necessary, you can additionally be sealed with a special compound.
- Next, you need to screw the nut on the threaded rod, then unscrew the plug, so that you can join the window control knob.
- At this manufacturing process is almost over. Now you need to squeeze out the air from the system and fill it with oil. For this stage is perfect liter bottle of plastic.
Varieties of systems
The main division of ventilation systems occurs in two categories:
- autonomous mechanisms
- volatile systems.
The basis of the functioning of the devices in both groups is the action of thermal drive. For a volatile system, you must have a power source, it can be an electric current or a solar battery. The operation of the device is controlled by a thermal relay with a given temperature parameter, which is optimal for plants. When the sensor is connected, it is connected in a circuit with a fan, the motor is turned on, and the blades of the mechanism pump fresh air and remove the waste air. Forced ventilation is efficient and convenient, it has high power and is used for large areas.
Technological system is not without flaws:
- high cost of a device requiring tightness and electronics
- shutdown in the absence of electricity.
Autonomous mechanisms are divided into three groups: pneumatic, hydraulic and bimetallic. When the device system thermal actuator uses the ability of substances to expand when heated.
The bimetallic device is made of two metal bands with different coefficient of expansion. They are fastened to each other along the entire length. When heated, one strip becomes longer and bends. The large size of the plate provides significant effort. By connecting the end of the bimetallic device through the yoke with a transom, we obtain an inexpensive autonomous mechanism. After cooling, the plate will return to its original position and close the window.
The hydraulic airing device acts by expanding the fluid in the cylinder, as the volume increases, it pushes the piston connected to the transom and opens. As the fluid cools, the piston retracts and the transom closes. Inertness - the main drawback of the system, the liquid slowly changes the temperature and volume, therefore it does not respond to cooling in a timely manner. It should be mounted for vents at the top of the greenhouse - hot air comes out of them, and cold does not get in the amount that could damage the plants.
The pneumatic drive operates by analogy with a hydraulic mechanism, only air is used here. The use of these systems has its own characteristics:
- The hydraulic cylinder should not be exposed to sunlight, otherwise it will work not from the internal temperature in the greenhouse, but from solar heating.
- The manufacturer sets limits on the width of the opening of the vents and their weight.
The real economic effect can be achieved when installing an improvised mechanism, if you do not want to spend money on a finished device, collect it from scrap materials. The simplest is the system of communicating vessels. For her device will need:
- Two plastic containers of different sizes, one with a volume of 5–6 liters, the second - 1.5–2.
- Connecting hose, the length of which is the distance from the large capacity to the transom with free slack.
- Metal fitting for hose diameter.
The volume of containers must be selected based on the weight of the vents. To open the light transom fit plastic bottles of 5 and 1.5 liters. A thin rubber hose or plastic tube from a dropper will do. A large container will become an expansion tank; water should be poured into it for a third of the volume and tightly closed with a lid. A hole is cut into the cap, a fitting is inserted into it, onto which the end of the hose is put.
Also pour a small amount of water into a smaller container and close the lid, into the hole of which insert the second end of the hose. When turning the bottle down with a cork, water should cover the inserted end of the hose. After processing with sealant, communicating vessels are ready for installation. The expansion tank is installed under the roof of the greenhouse, near the transom. The smaller bottle, which is the load, is attached to the top of the vent. The window opening device should provide for the frame to rotate on a horizontal axis.
The principle of operation and adjustment of the system
When the temperature rises in the expansion tank, standing at the highest point, the volume of air increases and pushes some of the liquid. Water through the connecting hose flows into a smaller container and increases its weight. Under the weight of the bottle frame goes down. After cooling, the tank is compressed and sucks the fluid back. A light bottle does not hold the window and it closes. To facilitate the closing process, a counterweight is attached to the lower part of the frame, for example, a wooden bar. To limit the amount of opening the transom, install the latches.
Such a ventilation system is regulated in several ways:
- The location of the installation of the expansion tank, its location is chosen taking into account the intensity of heating in different parts of the greenhouse.
- The number of small containers or the installation of additional cargo, accelerating the opening.
- Plowing width is regulated by securing the load in the lower part of the window.
You can slightly change the design of the device and fix the smaller capacity not on the frame, but on the cord, thrown over the block. The second end of the cord is attached to the bottom of the vent. The bottle in this case will not lower the frame, but raise it. By adding a load to the top of the transom, you can get a high power device that allows you to open a heavy window for ventilation.
A similar system is made using glass jars, but the use of reliable plastic instead of fragile glass is justified, you can not worry about its safety. If necessary, experimenting with the size and material of the containers, as in the capacity of the expansion tank uses a metal canister, and the capacity of the load is a bottle of 5 liters.
This simple device will last for several years, it is reliable and does not require financial costs. The only condition is that it is necessary to periodically add evaporated water to the system.
This video shows how the temperature regulator in the greenhouse of plastic bottles works:
See the report on the result of annual tests of several thermal actuators:
Principles and features of the temperature controller
Engineering thought allowed greenhouse owners to sigh with relief. Now you do not need to run every time in the building, as soon as the sun begins to heat. Thermal drive will open the window for access of fresh air. Compete with these devices drives.
These are more complex devices with precise sensors that require fairly deep knowledge in the creation of electrical networks. Without power (batteries, 220V network) they will not work.
Thermal drives for ventilation of greenhouses are more autonomous. However, in the manufacture of their own hands require high precision and hard work.
Council Experienced farmers recommend not chasing the cheapest and most primitive models for the greenhouse. After all, even a single malfunction, due to which the window does not open, can lead to the destruction of the crop in the greenhouse.
The principle of operation of mechanics is simple and is based on the heating of oil or another substance:
Thermal drive from the automotive shock absorber: assembly procedure
To assemble a device for airing greenhouses under this scheme, you will need:
- shock absorber piston or gas spring of the car,
- the metal pipe is slightly more than 2 m in length,
- thread cutter
- sanitary fittings - 2 pcs.,
- brake hose bolt with dimensions 10x1.25 (Lada),
- paronite pads,
Gas piston consists of:
- pneumatic casing,
- the piston inside it
- epoxy glue
Algorithm assembly thermal drive for ventilation of greenhouses:
- Prepare a couple of pieces of metal pipe. Length - 1 m. Cut the threads and connect them with a tee. Screw ordinary plumbing plugs on loose ends.
- Remove the stud in the lower segment of the shock absorber. In the bottom, drill a 8.5 mm through hole. Make a thread in this place.
- There is a blind hole in the middle of the bolt. Drill through it.
- In the plug also need to make a hole in 10 mm. Insert a bolt into it, fix it with a nut. From the bolt there will still be a small segment - screw the threads of the shock absorber onto it. Soften all connections with gaskets.
- The plug itself should be screwed into the tee.
For the system to work in the greenhouse, you first need to fill it with oil. Fill from one of the ends of the pipe, after unscrewing the cap standing there. Then move the device to the lower position and release all excess air from the shock absorber. Replace the blind screw into place and proceed with the installation of the drive directly in the greenhouse.It can be fastened in any convenient way, even with wire. The main thing is to be reliable.
Council It is possible to attach immovable parts of the structure directly above the landing. They can be a convenient support for garter plants in the greenhouse.
What you need to know before using the thermostat in the greenhouse
Experienced gardeners give such recommendations on the use of thermal drive:
- In order to freely raise and lower the stem, the window must be placed on the frame for it. Do not screw the device tightly: you may always need to manually ventilate the greenhouse.
- Do not install locks or other obstacles on windows or doors that will interfere with the normal operation of the device.
- In autumn, remove the drive. Frosts can damage the device.
- Every year in the spring, lubricate the moving parts of the structure with oil.
Thermostat is inert in comparison with electronics. The latter with the help of a temperature sensor reacts to the slightest thermal fluctuations. But oil needs time to warm up. The thicker the reactive layer, the slower the substance expands and the window of the greenhouse opens. To avoid mistakes, carefully review the installation sequence from a photo or video.
Thermal drive from cylinders and rubber ball
The ventilator for the greenhouse of cylinders and a rubber ball is a rather original device, and it is very simple to make it with your own hands. You will need the following:
- 2 bottles
- wooden box with lid,
- inflatable ball,
Put it in a box so that when it inflates, it pushes the lid out. To the lid of the box, nail the board, which then connect with the window. Place the cylinders under the greenhouse ceiling, and the box with the ball - under the transom. When the cylinders heat up, the ball will inflate and open the vent. In such equipment, everything must be hermetically sealed, the work of a thermal actuator made by hand will depend on it.
The need for ventilation: the reasons
To grow a large number of quality products, gardeners and gardeners should provide the most comfortable conditions for their land plots. The work of the greenhouse is to maintain optimal conditions for the growth and development of vegetables. To do this, it performs the following functions:
- Maintains a temperature that must be at least twenty two degrees of heat,
- retains optimal air humidity, which is unique for each type of plant,
- provides airing.
In order to carry out the process of normalizing such necessary indicators as temperature and humidity, plants must “take air baths”.
A few years ago, airing was carried out by opening windows and doors. But today there are devices for automatic opening and closing of windows in greenhouses. The standard method of airing is not quite suitable for normal plant life. Since a draft is a sharp drop in temperature and humidity in the room, which can have a detrimental effect on culture.
In addition to automating, it controls the necessary climatic indicators, it can prevent harmful bacteria and fungi from entering the greenhouse. That is why to save your personal time and normal microclimate in hotbeds it is recommended to install thermal actuators, they will provide high-quality ventilation, because every farmer knows that the presence of fresh air is the key to rapid plant growth.
Features and benefits of application
The heat drive is an automatic closer that starts its work when the air temperature in the greenhouse rises and the window opens. In other words, its principle of operation is based on the fact that the window opens when the temperature for crops is too high. The autovent has such positive characteristics as:
- it is not necessary to constantly monitor the air temperature in the greenhouse,
- in order to function, the ventilator does not need to be connected to the mains,
- self-opening automation for windows can be purchased at any building or gardening shop, as well as make your own hands.
Before buying a thermal drive, you should not overlook the peculiarity of the installation and use of the ventilator. It is important to know that the effort during the opening and closing of the window opening should not exceed five kilograms. The thermal drive consists of two elements, the first of which is attached to the wall of the greenhouse, and the second - to the window or door. The peculiarities of the ventilator include the fact that the cavity inside it is filled with liquid. This moment is crucial for the need to open or close the window. That is why it is not necessary to disassemble the autovent on separate elements, as this may harm its design. The device functions fully only if it has the necessary amount of liquid.
Important! The advantage of this device is that it can be used both in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate and in a greenhouse “dome” of a different material and shape.
Characteristics and working principle
Whatever type of thermal actuator is used, its main task is to ventilate the room with high quality as the maximum permissible temperature threshold increases. In case of reduction of this indicator to the optimum rate, the controller closes the door and window. A temperature drive is a device consisting of two parts, such as:
- temperature sensor,
- the mechanism that drives this device.
These components can be located and designed differently.
The autofocus can also be supplemented with a door closer and a lock, which are responsible for the tightness of closing the holes during self-ventilation.
There are several types of automatic airing for greenhouses, which differ in the mechanism of work.
- Volatile. This drive drives the motor. The function of turning on the device is performed by the controller, it is able to quickly respond to the temperature sensor reading. The advantages of this thermal drive include programming of its parameters at the discretion of the user. As a disadvantage, it is possible to distinguish its dependence on electricity, with which there are often failures.
- Bimetallic. His device includes several plates of metal, which are interconnected. Each component differs in response to a change in air temperature. The size of the first at the same time increase, and the second, on the contrary, decrease. This feature makes it possible to easily open the vent for airing and in reverse order. This system is simple and autonomous, but at the same time it has the disadvantage of low power for opening and closing.
- Pneumatic. In our time, this species is considered the most common. The basis of his work is the supply of heated air to the piston system. From a sealed heated vessel, air is sent to a piston drive, which is mounted to actuate the entire mechanism. The disadvantages of the device include only the fact that it is quite difficult to do it yourself.
- Hydraulic. It has a simple construction and is therefore often used in recent years. Its basis is two communicating vessels. The fluid from the first to the second is transferred when the air pressure changes, when it is heated and cooled. The positive characteristics of the device include its good power, non-volatility and ease of assembly. Deficiencies not seen.
Thermal actuators have the following positive characteristics:
- reliability - thanks to the quality materials from which the device is made, the auto-openers withstand tremendous pressure, the products are quite durable, as well as resistant to strong wind and an occasional attempt to close the door manually,
- long service life
- no need for adjustment,
- universality of use
- the ability to install without having professional skills.